FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

AndreaIF

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum. I recently bought a group of 6 corydoras for my 35 gallon aquarium. They are on their second week of quarantine and I'm worried because one of them is not eating. Since the beginning I noticed that it has a weird curvature on its spine and I haven't seen it eat during this time. The rest of them are completely normal and have been eating regularly and scavenging for more food. The affected one just stays in one corner without eating and breathing heavily. I don't know if the spine is a congenital deformity that I didn't notice and it's not allowing the fish to eat and develop properly or if it something that could be transmitted to the other fish.

Attachments

• CE6E15DD-17C6-4299-8CD3-505BE0F8BFE5.jpeg
    CE6E15DD-17C6-4299-8CD3-505BE0F8BFE5.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 1,243
HI and welcome to the forum :)

The fish either has intestinal worms or an internal protozoan infection. Look for a medication that contains praziquantel and metronidazole.

Yeah I would say the fish has some sort of illness... the hard part is always trying to figure out what to medicate with...

Hi everyone just wanted to let you know that I started the treatment with metronidazole on Sunday. Unfortunately today I found the sick Cory dead :( I'm going to finish the treatment just in case, maybe some other fish got infected. but I think the sick Cory was to weak to resist any treatment because it didn't eat for a while.
When I took it out of the aquarium I noticed it has a whole on its belly but I don't know if that's normal anatomy.

Thank you for your help anyway! Hope the rest of the fish stay healthy. So far so good :)

Attachments

• 032DFA2B-9EAF-4A70-B81D-8F7278A32891.jpeg
    032DFA2B-9EAF-4A70-B81D-8F7278A32891.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 405
That's just a really skinny fish where the skin is sucked in against the organs and bones.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back