Themed Aquariums

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

c-dub

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Just getting a scope on some ideas for themed aquariums. Not just the 'natural' or 'realistic' ones.

I have a roman theme in one of my tanks with the colluseum and some pillars etc.

What else have you guys got? I'll start the ball rolling with ideas...

How about a Bermuda Triangle theme, with sunken ships, downed helicopters, planes and submarines?

Continue! :good:

As long as it's done with class it can be pretty awesome looking.

I came across an underwater city online somewhere. I tried looking for it on YouTube but couldn't find it. It had skyscrapers, road and sidewalk colored substrate, with live plants in a Central Park type fashion with "grass" and "trees". It actually looked quite nice. Can't remember what it was stocked with or if it even was at all.

i have a roman themed one as well.
if i had the money, my brother just abandoned his 29 gallon tank to me, so i have been debating an Egyptian theme, or a ancient ruins or a castle theme.
in college i studied history so hence roman, and Egypt and even the ancient ruins lol.

There were some popular threads a while back with pictures of tanks decorated with Legos blocks, done in various themes.

~~waterdrop~~

Theres a really good planted tank made to look like a meadow and theyve put aquarium safe plastic cows in it :lol:

Ive always wanted to get creative with some big chunks of wood and sand them down into shapes. One day (after the numerous other tanks) I want to try a fully white tank like white sand and white backing with round pieces of bog wood and moss balls and keep some puffers in it or something :lol: but I think thats one for the fish house.

Wills

I had a Beatles themed ten gallon tank for awhile, had a large toy octopus and lots of fake plants in there (octopus garden), never found a yellow sub though...

I had a Beatles themed ten gallon tank for awhile, had a large toy octopus and lots of fake plants in there (octopus garden), never found a yellow sub though...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-BEATLES-YELLOW-SUBMARINE-CORGI-TOY-MEMORABILIA_W0QQitemZ320493667636QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE?hash=item4a9ee94534

:lol:

Being an 80's child I would do a transformers themed tank. (Generation 1 of course, none of this new rubbish).

Probably a cyberton background with one half of the tank Autobots, one half Deceptacons, with a fight scene in the middle.

I think the fish might get a bit freaked out by it all though. :lol:

I saw one of those small edge "fashion accessory" tanks decked out in a Sponge Bob Square Pants theme. It was actually tastefully done with Sponge Bob's pineapple house and Squidward's "tiki" home. I believe Bob, Patrick, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, Sandy and maybe Gary were all present. I don't remember which fish were in there except for a crayfish that was in and around the tiki.

My daughter loved it. I'm glad she didn't ask for it because I may have wound up getting it for her.

If you're in the Rockville area then stop by Congressional Aquarium and have a look see.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back