Themed Aquariums

Discussion in 'New to the Hobby Questions and Answers' started by c-dub, Mar 13, 2010.

1. c-dub

c-dub Member

Just getting a scope on some ideas for themed aquariums. Not just the 'natural' or 'realistic' ones.

I have a roman theme in one of my tanks with the colluseum and some pillars etc.

What else have you guys got? I'll start the ball rolling with ideas...

How about a Bermuda Triangle theme, with sunken ships, downed helicopters, planes and submarines?

Continue! :good:

2. lumpyheffalump

i have the roman theme collasium, pillars and my background matches as well

3. nork

nork Member

As long as it's done with class it can be pretty awesome looking.

I came across an underwater city online somewhere. I tried looking for it on YouTube but couldn't find it. It had skyscrapers, road and sidewalk colored substrate, with live plants in a Central Park type fashion with "grass" and "trees". It actually looked quite nice. Can't remember what it was stocked with or if it even was at all.

4. Gourami123

Gourami123 Member

5. Night61

Night61 Member

i have a roman themed one as well.
    if i had the money, my brother just abandoned his 29 gallon tank to me, so i have been debating an Egyptian theme, or a ancient ruins or a castle theme.
    in college i studied history so hence roman, and Egypt and even the ancient ruins lol.

6. waterdrop

waterdrop Enthusiastic "Re-Beginner"

There were some popular threads a while back with pictures of tanks decorated with Legos blocks, done in various themes.

~~waterdrop~~

7. Wills

Wills Moderator

Theres a really good planted tank made to look like a meadow and theyve put aquarium safe plastic cows in it :lol:

Ive always wanted to get creative with some big chunks of wood and sand them down into shapes. One day (after the numerous other tanks) I want to try a fully white tank like white sand and white backing with round pieces of bog wood and moss balls and keep some puffers in it or something :lol: but I think thats one for the fish house.

Wills

8. NinjaSmurf

NinjaSmurf Devils Advocate

I had a Beatles themed ten gallon tank for awhile, had a large toy octopus and lots of fake plants in there (octopus garden), never found a yellow sub though...

9. c-dub

c-dub Member

That sounds nice and Original NinjaSmurf good work.

10. MikeO

MikeO Member

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-BEATLES-YELLOW-SUBMARINE-CORGI-TOY-MEMORABILIA_W0QQitemZ320493667636QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE?hash=item4a9ee94534

:lol:

Being an 80's child I would do a transformers themed tank. (Generation 1 of course, none of this new rubbish).

Probably a cyberton background with one half of the tank Autobots, one half Deceptacons, with a fight scene in the middle.

I think the fish might get a bit freaked out by it all though. :lol:

11. FISH-FRY

FISH-FRY Member

I saw one of those small edge "fashion accessory" tanks decked out in a Sponge Bob Square Pants theme. It was actually tastefully done with Sponge Bob's pineapple house and Squidward's "tiki" home. I believe Bob, Patrick, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, Sandy and maybe Gary were all present. I don't remember which fish were in there except for a crayfish that was in and around the tiki.

My daughter loved it. I'm glad she didn't ask for it because I may have wound up getting it for her.

If you're in the Rockville area then stop by Congressional Aquarium and have a look see.