The Stages Of A Guppy Pregnancy, And More

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
females will hand around at the bottom of the tank or in place on its own when its getting ready to give birth, so shouldnt be much longer. As for starting a new topic, on the forum page where you click on the link to post here, look up the top on the other side and it says "new topic" click on that and you will be able to start your own topic. Hope this helps :good:

hello. i have been readin about the phantom pregnacies. i have 2 baby guppies one a boy one a girl they are about 2 months old. she has a huge belly a a dark gravid sopt...is it porssible she might be pregnant or just a phantom?? and what should i do??

'Tis possible, Guppies reach sexual maturity between 2 and 4 months. Are they in a tank by themselves? Do you have more than one tank? Do you wish to use a breeder box/net or just provide plenty of shelter and hope for the best?

Hi this is a very interesting topic and very helpful. I would like to ask a question also, I have 4 female guppies and 2 males. The females are having the black pregnancy spot every now and then which after few days it's changing to red and after few days back to black, but they are not having any fry. In the aquarium I also have some plants. Anyone knows why the pregency spot is changing colours and no fry are being born?

It does sort of depend, Gonzaiez. I have heard that the gravid spot is not a good indicator, and it depends more on her size and shape. If your guppy is tiny with the gravid spot it might not mean much, or just be a coloring on their body. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I thought female guppies could give birth to any number of batches with one mating because they can store the sperm no other species can actually do that.

It is not unlimited misscosmo. Estimates of the amount of viable sperm packets a guppy can carry usually mean that she will be all done in about 6 months unless she mates again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back