'the Slow Burner' - Pics & Vid 21/08

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Use the spray bar and point it towards the glass mate, my U3 is pretty decent on that setting.

Either that or place some bog wood in front of the outlets to try and disperse the flow around the tank better.

Either that or place some bog wood in front of the outlets to try and disperse the flow around the tank better.

tried that but didn't really decrease it. I've got it on the spray bar setting but I think it's still a bit too strong, will have another look later.

Seem alert adn healthy. Some ripped fins from the move but nothing major. All five were eager to eat this morning.

Angels seem to be doing fine in their temporary home. Was greeted by all five this morning as they eagerly came to the surface to feed. Am very pleased about choosing them as the centerpiece for the tank now.

Starting to ponder about the scape of the new tank. Would love to get it right first time but know it will take a lot of tinkering and probably a lot of additional plants & wood before I'm anywhere near happy. One thought is to take the existing 3 foot scape (which I like) and move it across exactly the same into the four foot. This will leave 1 foot of barren sand and open swimming area - like a beach that runs straight into a forest.

Getting somewhere, still no FTS's of any ture worth - so back into the shades i go. I like how the planning is coming though, can't wait, especially to see the angels in all their glory!

Yes it is very nice to see Angels taking pride of place instead of the usual bigger cichlids. Well done to you for making sure everything will be right!

still no FTS's of any ture worth

how dare you Sir! What on Earth do you call this?

2011-08-13123835.jpg

still no FTS's of any ture worth

how dare you Sir! What on Earth do you call this?

2011-08-13123835.jpg

Its a worthy attempt i suppose :p lol

I meant nothing bad by this sorry lol, i should have typed something else to lighten how it reads as it does read quite harshly upon reading it back.

Well it certainly is of worth so i take that back. Hopefully you know what i meant by it and didnt mean anything negative :good:

Looking fiorward to the scaped FTS's ;) (i should have left it at that)

Hehe, sorry!

James

Angels seem to be doing fine in their temporary home. Was greeted by all five this morning as they eagerly came to the surface to feed. Am very pleased about choosing them as the centerpiece for the tank now.

Starting to ponder about the scape of the new tank. Would love to get it right first time but know it will take a lot of tinkering and probably a lot of additional plants & wood before I'm anywhere near happy. One thought is to take the existing 3 foot scape (which I like) and move it across exactly the same into the four foot. This will leave 1 foot of barren sand and open swimming area - like a beach that runs straight into a forest.

I really like that idea, but as you know, i like a barer scape :lol: you can always fill in if you want

I think its important for angels to have decent swimming room too, they're not that agile so open space is good.

Most reactions

Back