'the Slow Burner' - Pics & Vid 21/08

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

But wait, it isn't 2014 yet? :lol:

well I did say it was a 'step' closer, not 'leap'!

Appears there might be some time available this weekend to actually get the tank in the house. Think I might need a sit down, this is all going too fast!

Popped to a LFS at lunch, they have the perfect angels in at £4.50 each or 4 for £15. Thinking of setting up a 60L storage tub for them tonight and using that for a weeks worth of quarantine.

I can then add them to the new tank first before adding my adult angel from existing tank - hopefully reducing the chances of aggression.

Saw a great piece of wood as well, had a 21.5 price tag on it......sadly it turned out to be the weight and it was £75 :crazy:

Turns out my wife is stronger than she thought she was....

2011-08-12192128.jpg

Tank is now full and being left overnight to ensure there are no leaks. Into the house tomorrow...

Popped to a LFS at lunch, they have the perfect angels in at £4.50 each or 4 for £15. Thinking of setting up a 60L storage tub for them tonight and using that for a weeks worth of quarantine.

I can then add them to the new tank first before adding my adult angel from existing tank - hopefully reducing the chances of aggression.

Saw a great piece of wood as well, had a 21.5 price tag on it......sadly it turned out to be the weight and it was £75 :crazy:

:lol:

Tell her it's not quite in the middle... :D :p

Good idea with the Angels, should be fine. I had 2 in 2 different tanks but they went together well when i added them together.

Proper updates!

Temp home for the 5 angels......scape needs some work
2011-08-13123835.jpg

Almost begging for food from the outset (still in the bag)
2011-08-13150543.jpg

It's finally in....
2011-08-13142037.jpg

Hmmmmm, two tanks does look nice.....I wonder if I can make a strong argument to keep both..
2011-08-13142027.jpg

Tell her its some feng sui crap and you need two opposite each other or summat! :lol:

Looks great by the way, suits the room well!

Hmmmmm, two tanks does look nice.....I wonder if I can make a strong argument to keep both..

Course you can !

It's the only logical, rational choice.

Agreed :)

I reckon that when we get a house (currently in an apartment) I think I will be getting one of them for the front room and put the 6 foot in the back :)

Wills

Sounds good, i think adding 5 will also quell any agggression with the current angel

When we gonna see the tank on cabinet in place :p :)

clue is in the title.......4-5 months???? :lol:

Might get some time in my Man-Shed this weekend to do some more cleaning and prep (you can see that state of the light fittings!). And if I want to do it 'properly' I'm going to paint some of the metal fittings and trim before I put it in the house.

I think you're in order of a Title change then! This is 10days after my post :lol:

Looks good

Course you can !

It's the only logical, rational choice.

There was a bit of tension when it first went in.....it's a lot bigger than both of us envisioned it would be. There were even quiet wisperings of "would you get the same money back if you sold it?" Fortunately thos have died down and it appears to have been accepted.

....so a second tank? Unlikely!

Looks great by the way, suits the room well!

cheers. I think my wife's stance on only getting a dark brown cabinet was a good one......plus I ended up with a bigger tank than expected.

I think you're in order of a Title change then! This is 10days after my post :lol:

Looks good

can I change my original statement and say "4-5 months until the final 'scape and stock is in there"? As I think that's quite accurate!

.....right, off to the shed to see how the angels fared overnight. May need a sponge over the filter outlet as I think they are struggling in 60L with a U3.

Most reactions

trending

Back