'the Slow Burner' - Pics & Vid 21/08

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

btw, this is an altum tank!

someone's got a teeny tiny obsession with a certain Japanese gentleman!

And thanks for posting - I will now feel wholly inadequate whatever my tank looks like! :lol:

Cool project mate, loving it! I've got a little helper like that too... Mine has just kindly ripped one of my doors off so i have now got to find a way of sticking the facing back on and attatching some new hinges! :angry:

Wouldn't swap her for the world though! :D

Right, after some good advice from KittyKat I'm also going to increase the BN group to 3. I had no idea they were 'social' until 5 minutes ago. Think I have a male so will need to find some adult females to be sure of a positive i.d.

Also getting more swayed by the angels......but this path leads to plants. Have started a little thread in the planted section to see how I could acheive this

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/368900-low-tech-320l-how-do-i-go-about-it/

Haha this is the funny thing about fishkeeping, i reckon this isnt the last time you may be swayed..

Haha this is the funny thing about fishkeeping, i reckon this isnt the last time you may be swayed..

Current project launch timings - mid 2014 :lol:

Did you look at AndyWatson29's thread in the journal section at planted. He's planning a very similar thing, but on a smaller scale. I listed a gazillion regional flora for him because I'm fabulous and know everything. lolol... You might want to check it out.

:lol:, you'll get started sooner than that.

llj

Did you look at AndyWatson29's thread in the journal section at planted. He's planning a very similar thing, but on a smaller scale. I listed a gazillion regional flora for him because I'm fabulous and know everything. lolol... You might want to check it out.

:lol:, you'll get started sooner than that.

llj

yes I did - saw lots of latin that means nothing to me! Will have to take some time to go through them all.

Yes - will get it started sooner than that, but finished - I think 2014 is quite optimisitc.

Some tedious DIY updates....

Brushed aluminium trim was a marked/scuffed quite a bit
2011-08-05211146.jpg

The wife's gossip magazines come in useful for a change....
2011-08-07134229.jpg

Quite pleased with the effect a little pit of silver paint has given. Even managed to keep the 'brushed' look
2011-08-07135913.jpg

We're gonna need a bigger boat bag
2011-08-07134919.jpg

BE A KILLER!!!

Very nice job so far, can't wait until you've got this up and running lol.

How have you got the paitience to not have it setup and running yet? :blink:

because when i do set it up, i know it will take me HOURS to mess about with it. Finding that time is difficult....i'm typing this with one hand as my daughter is in the other!

plus i have not decided on substrate & plants etc....until i figure that out i wont be starting.

T5's on order so will soon know if the light unit works :blink:

Chilli, i believe one of your sevs (atleast) is one of Star4's, and you too have had the same issues no? Sevs and plants just arent going to work, not unless your lucky!

Yep, got 4 of Star4's Rotties, a Red Spot and have one Green and used to have another, and ALL have been s£ds with plants. Sevs + plants = no :lol:

FISH
Ok, so I've now updated my plan. I'm going to keep everything I currently have and add 5 P.Scalare angels and 1 or two BN (possibly albino or 'sunburst' which I have seen locally).

Going to up the numbers of bronze corys and maybe the rosy tip tetra (if I find some).

It's an open topped tank, so will probably need to rehome my golden panchax before he thinks he's R. Kelly. I'm thinking about cutting some perspex to fit though so maybe not.

The stock will gradually change over to a full Amazonian biotope, just not immediately.

PLANTS
Shiffting my current vallis (around 20 plants) and some anubias and java fern attached to wood into the new tank as well. Eventually I'd like to change to all plants to Amazon basin originating ones.

SUBSTRATE

Have just bought yet another bag of play sand (35kg in total now) and that will cap 16L of fullers earth clay cat litter.

.........just needs the lights to arrive and to check my external hoses aren't too short to reach the new tank height and I should be good to go this weekend. Need to borrow someone to shift the tank though.

PROGRESS! :drool:

Looking forward to seeing this, as it is/was my favourite tank on the market. I would recommend getting perspex, just make sure to remmeber to get a hole drilled for feeding etc. The plans sound really nice :good:

my new lights arrived today, fitted them to the light unit and it...............works!

one small step closer.

Most reactions

Back