Fishaholic
Reaction score
So; this tank is 15 gallons. It houses:
-6 female betta
-3 peppered corydora
-3 panda corydora
-1 false julii cory
-2 otocinclus
-(Potentially some pest snails I haven't caught and killed yet).

It's one of the two tanks I keep in my room at university. My housemates have come to accept my fish-obsession.
This tank received no dosing at all until last week when I started dosing with Flourish and Flourish Excel.

Anyway; for the past month, this tank has been totally neglected. I've been in over my head with school assignments (50 pages of essays handed in over the last two weeks), and so anything beyond showering semi-regularly, eating SOME form of food, and writing essays has been pushed to the back burners until I got my assignments done. I handed in the last essay this morning, and have one assignment remaining, so I figured as a down-time break, I'd clean both of my tanks.

Plants in this tank:
-Crypt. Wendtii (attempting to grow it out so its being used as a foreground plant in this tank)
-Crypt. Lutea
-Amazon Sword
-Java Fern
-Cabomba
-Hygrophila Polysperma

The following are the before and after pictures of this tank... and a picture showing the massive bundle of hygrophila polysperma that I'll be taking home this weekend to put into my 46 gallon tank.

The girls in the tank assumed that me standing near them meant that I was going to feed them (as feeding time is right before lights out, so thats been the only time they've seen me for the last month). They spent the entire time I was cleaning the tank swarming my arm and nibbling at my fingers. Callie, one of the newest girls, got a little too curious and ended up being sucked up the siphon (thankfully I noticed the blue-green flash in the poo-water and stopped the siphon so she could get back out before ending up in the poo-water bucket).

BEFORE//AFTER: TOP VIEW
1.jpg

2.jpg

BEFORE//AFTER: FRONT VIEW
3.jpg

4-1.jpg

The Hygro bundle... 27 stalks ranging from ~5" to 10"
5.jpg

lol your neglected tank looks better than my neglected tank... :lol:

Looks loads better after a tidy up :hyper: :lol:

The hygrophila polysperma literally expanded to cover 3/4 of the surface of the tank, sorting through those strands was a pain!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back