The Indecisive Journal Of Trod's 5 Footer

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Looks like it uses 86W no matter how its adjusted. Id be tempted to add a tee piece to it and run a reacotr off it aswel.

Thats a very good point Ben. You can DIY a phosphate reactor really easy so if you have some of the pump flow going spare you might as well use it :)

What's the purpose of the eheim compact? Return pump for a sump?

If so, what's the desired flowrate through the sump?

86watts is a LOT for a sump pump :unsure:

Yes seffie is correct it's for my V2 1200 skimmer which needs at least 3400l p/h. But this skimmer is causing me no end of problems, I don't know where to put it :crazy: It won't HOB because its to big and if I put it in the tank then I have the problem that it is to small, as the water will come over the top.

Please can someone help I just haven't got a clue how or where to put it :blink:

Up date. tank is now cleaned, powerheads and heaters in place, just got to fill with water now :crazy: (and sort blasted skimmer out).

Yes seffie is correct it's for my V2 1200 skimmer which needs at least 3400l p/h. But this skimmer is causing me no end of problems, I don't know where to put it :crazy: It won't HOB because its to big if I put it in the tank then I have the problem that is to small, as the water will come over the top.

Please can someone help I just haven't got a clue how or where to put it :blink:

Up date. tank is now cleaned, powerheads and heaters in place, just got to fill with water now :crazy: (and sort blasted skimmer out).

Can't you just cut a hole in the lid? Sis, reread your post, it doesn't make sense - you not had a couple of :drink: have you?

Seffie x

:fish:

Funny you should mention :beer: LOL.

No I can't because of the way the lights go, I can't hook it on the side or back :crazy: they is not enough room.

If I put the skimmer in the Tank then the water will cover it, i:e the cup will be underwater. Hope that makes more sense.

I am now thinking of a refugium, but I think I still might have the same problem with the lights :dunno:

Haven't got room for sump.

OK picture time :blush:

This is top of tank with space between lights

IMG_0536.jpg

This is back of skimmer

IMG_0537.jpg

This is skimmer in tank

IMG_0538.jpg

and again showing top

IMG_0539.jpg

Hope that makes sense. I'm getting raging hump trying to sort this out :<
I am probably being very thick here and missing the obvious :blush:

Oh Dear Trod!
Not much room left for lionfish with that monster in there now is there.....

IMG_0537.jpg

Picture 2 shows you the hanging lip and clamping screws to hang it onto the side or back of your tank. The pump will have to reside in the tank. Pity you didnt have a sump life would be a whole lot easier.
What pipework have you got with the skimmer, have you got the Bubblestop and the corrugated return pipe.
http://www.tmc-ltd.co.uk/downloads/instruc...-skimmers-e.pdf
Regards
seahorse1-1-1.png

Oh yes life would have been a lot easier with a sump, but just haven't got the room. I have still got to buy the pipes, and no I haven't got the bubble stop either yet, I have got the pump, just waiting for delivery. I got the eheim in the end :good:

I know what you're saying about putting it in the tank, it would look horrible and take up a lot of room, so really don't want to do that.
The problem is that the clamp is to wide to fit between the lights.

As a last resort, I could put a shelf up and have it standing on there, then put pump in tank as you say BigC. and just have pipes hanging over side.

Ah! now I see your predicament,
Bracket or Shelf it is then Trod. They certainly do not go inside the tank, its not an internal skimmer.
Regards
seahorse1-1-1.png

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back