0.01% Manganese [Mn]
0.28% Sulphur
0.01% Boron [b ]
1.15% Chlorine [Cl]
0.32% Iron [Fe]
0.13% Sodium [Na]
Traces of: Copper [Cu], Molybdenum [Mo], Zinc [Zn], Cobalt [Co]

SeaChem Flourish Trace:
Traces of: Boron [B ], Copper [Cu], Manganese [Mn], Molybdenum [Mo], Zinc [Zn], Nickel [Ni], Cobalt [Co], Rubidium [Rh], Vanadium [V]

Go figure...

In that case, is there a massive difference between AE's trace and Flourish?

Water change day tomorrow... Lovely pea green soup!

S, got a link to that stuff 'AE Trace'. I am not familiar with it...

Thanks RadaR!

There you go then, for comparison:

AE Trace:
Traces of: Boron , Copper [Cu], Iron [Fe], Manganese [Mn], Molybdenum [Mb], Zinc [Zn]

Andy

Cheers

One thing i have noticed is that the first EI dose was for 40UK gallons NOT 48US gallons so this week stepped it up. 50% water change revealed some additional algae, mainly staghorn thick black strands - looked like that woman out of The Rings hair) removed as much by hand with out disrupting the GDA. Now have about 7inch visibility again - plant growth looks fairly amazing, not able to trim so will let it overgrow until such time I can see what I'm doing

Latest photo:

Attachments

• algae_002.JPG
    algae_002.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 106
Do you think your UV is having an effect? Should've started to clear it by now TBH, gone in 48hrs sort of time-frame.

Andy

Hi, wont be gone in 48hrs that's for sure! The 50% change has diluted the soup but its far from being clear?? I presume the UV bulb is working (has an indicator light)....

:lol: Had me worried there!

The water change must have given UV the advantage, the tank has about 10inches visibility.... I have fish!

It will take about a week to totally clear and then it will clear some more as the UV will continue to work even after all the Green water has gone.

My tank has loads of 'that woman out the rings hair' or as I have decribed it in my journal:

'Swathes of afghan hounds hair' and also described the plants as 'Osama bin Algae Laden'

Andy

Alright! Came home from work expecting not much of a difference however the difference is amazing - I would say the water is about 70% clear!

Yesterday
algae_002.JPG

:sick: Green soup (and this was after a 50% change)

Today
algae_006.JPG

Not bad hey!

Added 10ml of Flourish today instead of the 4ml, will be interesting to see how this goes for a few weeks!

Things are clearing up at an amazing rate! I've got the dosing of nutrients spot on (got and mixed my own trace last night, first dose in today) The GDA is clearing (well its not clearing on its own, the BN and clown plecs are all over it) and the green water is almost gone.

I have noticed that the brown hair algae is not growing now, the remainder is what was left and will disapear after a few water changes. I have noticed quite a patchy growth of Staghorn which will be removed at water changes - dont think it anything new, thinks its what was albeit grown a bit. I'm pretty sure the CO2 is good although I'm totally bummed that my eletronic PH tester has not turned up (lost in post from Germany) so I've just had to order another from the UK - click here to see it

Just thinking about writing a summary in a few weeks time of which I can show my observations of each algae stage and summarise how I got rid. This is what I've gone through in order...

Brown diatoms
Green fuzz
Green hair
Brown hair
Staghorn
GDA
Green water

Should make interesting reading!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm glad you got rid of your algae troubles. I know how it feels to be frustrated by the look of your tanks. Can't wait to see a new picture that's not green. :lol:

How old is your system now?

llj

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back