tetra's/ gourami

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lindac

Reaction score
I have 4 serpe tetras and they seem to be taking over my fish tank. I was told when I bought them that they would get on ok with all fish (not so in our case) They seem to be nipping the guppies and the swordtails. They were probably the first fish that we put in the tank.

I got 2 new gourami's the other day and one is ok but the other has been hiding since it was put in the tank.

Should I take the tetras out or will they all settle down?

Thanks Lindac :wub:

i would take them back to the shop if they are nipping fins. out of curiosity, do you feed flake?

Don't know about the tetras, but one of my gourami hid for a couple of days, now he's everywhere. Might just be settling in.

hth

ooh, i'm interested on what difference flake makes!?

My Gouramis hid for the first couple of days when I introduced them to the tank too. I was so excited to get them and was disappointed as I thought they were going to be "shy" fish; however, they no longer hide. yay :) I love gouramis. They're so pretty!

You'll probably have to take the bratty fish back to the store. I bought a kissing gourami and he was not nice! Back to the store he went!

Someone on this list told me, too, that if your water is warmer, the fish will be more aggressive. I have my tank at 81-82 now and did find they are much more active and hungry; however, fortunately, no one is being overly aggressive. :)

Serpaes are known for fin-nipping. If I were you, I would get them out of that tank! Soon your gouramis feelers will be destroyed. At one of my un-kempt lfs, they keep the serpaes with black-skirt tetras. Not a good idea - the black skirts were all torn up to pieces.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back