Tank With Oak Cabinet In Maidehead

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Andy P

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently saw in our local Maidehead Aquatics a 5' tank on a solid oak (not chipboard) stand with a wine rack built in - the wife fell in love with it but it was waaaaayyyy too far above my budget!
Does anyone know who might have been the manufacturer? I thought it might be Seashell but theres nothing like it on their website. I'm hoping to shop around for the best price...

Thanks

Hi all,

I recently saw in our local Maidehead Aquatics a 5' tank on a solid oak (not chipboard) stand with a wine rack built in - the wife fell in love with it but it was waaaaayyyy too far above my budget!
Does anyone know who might have been the manufacturer? I thought it might be Seashell but theres nothing like it on their website. I'm hoping to shop around for the best price...

Thanks
That's a coincidence, I saw the same tank in the Morden branch about a week ago and really liked the look of it. I phoned up yesterday to ask a few questions, including who makes it, but the person I spoke to didn't know. She just said it was made by a supplier for them. But she did give me the dimensions and that put me off as I'm looking for 5ft x 2ft x 2ft and the depth was quite a bit less than that. I think she said 13", but might have been 16". I wrote the details down and have them at home, but I'm at work at present.

It will be a seashell tank :) They make tanks exclusively for us, they are proper furniture tanks and stunning to look at. You pay for what you get though, we use Seashell to make custom built tanks however... they are NOT cheap!

We have a gorgeous 5ft tank (no lights or accessories) for sale in their best quality finish for £480. I really really REALLY want it! I could get a nice discount too but i dont have space for another tank, let alone another 5ft tank!

If your looking for quality then i suggest looking at NDaquatics :good:

if you want something that looks nice and lasts i would go to the classic cab company

I have seen that tank in my local Maidenhead and it is lovely. At the time of ordering my 5ft aqua one tank they told me they were waiting for delivery of it ,but I couldnt wait so i ordered my aqua one instead but do have second thoughts now.

Couldnt you make a cabinet and just put a standard sized tank ontop?

You could clad it in B&Q solid oak kitchen doors and end panels. Seen a few tank stands doen this way and they do look good. this way you can have more say on the tank too.

Do you have a picture of said stand? As im sure alot of us here could make the stand ALOT cheaper ;)

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/foru...3111#post403111

Thats a good example of a Maidenhead Aquatics only stand, Tiepolo Wood Stand for their 5ft tank, when its got the matching box hood with hinged lift up lid, its gorgeous! Thats the same one we have for £480 though ours has no sump and isnt drilled for one.

Most reactions

trending

Back