Tank Temp

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gavril

Reaction score
Hi guys, My 90l fluval roma heater has been heating my tank to 26.5 degrees instead of the 23 I set it to. As a result I have done water changes, put frozen bottles in the water and put a fan next to the tank but the temperature still remains. The problem got worse when I got up and my of my balloon Mollie had died. I do not know what is wrong with the heater but the light on it doesn't turn on when I plug it in however I thought this was the norm as it did regulate the temp at 23.
Please help!!!!

where do you live?

if the current air temperature is above 24C the tank water temp will also go up.

26C is not an issue for tropical fish.

i don't know why people get so concerned over the temp of their tanks,

99% of tropical fish will be just fine in a tank anywhere from 22C to 32C

there is nothing wrong with 26C

as long as the temp changes are gradual its fine, its much worse and far more stressful on the fish if you do a water change that brings your temp up or down 5 or more degrees C in a matter of a few minutes

where do you live?

if the current air temperature is above 24C the tank water temp will also go up.

26C is not an issue for tropical fish.
London. Yeah I just got concerned because I want to try and regulate their temperature

just turn the aquarium heater off at the power point and don't worry about the water temperature unless it hits 30C.

My tanks are 26 and 27 degrees today, even with the much cooler temp. The fact that the heater light is not coming on probably means its working properly.

Now that the UK weather has broken with all those thunderstorms, it should get cooler and the tank water will cool down slowly.

We managed to keep our house cool during the heatwave, and my main tank was still at 24.5 deg on Thursday when the air temp reached its peak. The heater even switched on in the betta's tank, which I keep at 26 deg. Even though I live in north east England rather than London the outside air temp was much warmer than the house.

Near London myself. 4ft tank is currently sitting at 27 whilst the 2ft tank in my daughters room is around 32 since it’s warmer upstairs.

Both tanks inhabitants are fine and will still by by the time the temperatures come down to relative normality.

As has been noted, as long as it’s not a sudden change the fish will be fine.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back