What's new

Tank help

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
đŸ¶ Click here to enter! 🐰

Erica27

Reaction score
I really need help. I don’t know what’s going on but the other day my Pleco died, I didn’t think much of it and then a couple of days letter my angelfish died. So I got my water tested and everything looked fine. And now my other angelfish has what it looks like torn fins so I told him out and he is another tank. But I don’t believe there is somthing in my tank that is making these fish died or have fin rot.

Have you added any new fish or plants in the last 2 weeks?

Did you do a water change the day before this started or the day it started?

Are you using buckets specifically for the fish and that have never been used for anything except the fish?

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

Post pictures of the sick fish.

I have not added new fish for plants in the past two weeks and yes all my water changing buckets are only for the fish, and no I didn’t do any water changed a the day or after the day it started happening I did do a water change on Sunday.

For some reason I can’t upload a picture

Attachments

• 52EC3BC7-C90F-40F8-BEDC-A845D473E24D.jpeg
    52EC3BC7-C90F-40F8-BEDC-A845D473E24D.jpeg
    763.2 KB · Views: 216
  • 3927A7BA-25AE-4207-96E5-4E3FA5A536F3.jpeg
    3927A7BA-25AE-4207-96E5-4E3FA5A536F3.jpeg
    763.2 KB · Views: 194
Catfish can die and sit in the tank for a day or two before you realise they aren't alive. If you did a water change on Sunday, the pleco might have died from something in the new water or it could have been something else and was simply a coincidence.

The angelfish doesn't show any signs of disease.

I would monitor them over the next week and do some water changes. Maybe add some activated carbon to the filter for a couple of weeks and increase aeration/ surface turbulence.

Make sure nobody is using anything that produces fumes or gases in the room. Check for air fresheners, deodorants, perfumes, hair sprays, paint, cigarettes or anything else that releases fumes or gases into the air.

Make sure you don't have anything on your hands or arms when working in the tank. This includes things like perfumes from soap, moisturising creams, oil, grease, spices from cooking food, antibacterial hand washes/ soaps, etc.

Most reactions

trending

Back