Tank emergency!!!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Reaction score
Recently I bought a betta splendens who had beautiful blue fins with a little bit of silvery white on the top. Within a day his entire fins were white and on the third day he unfortunately died. Due to his colour loss I had separated him off from the other fish in case of a bacterial infection. Does anyone know what could have caused this? Also my Chinese sucking loach whom I have had for roughly 6/7 years died on the same night, should I be worried or is this their natural life span as his companion died a few months ago.

Sorry to hear about your fish. The Chinese Sucking Loach most likely died of old age but it is possible whatever the betta had sent him over the edge. For the furture, it may help to quarantine fish in a cycled tank to avoid problems

Sorry to hear about your fish. The Chinese Sucking Loach most likely died of old age but it is possible whatever the betta had sent him over the edge. For the furture, it may help to quarantine fish in a cycled tank to avoid problems
I did quarantine the betta for around two days and he died in the quarantine tank. Looking back on the photos of the betta in the bag he had very visible greying on his top fin.

Attachments

• 34E919F0-AB9C-4F80-80D3-5B5EE07EA545.jpeg
    34E919F0-AB9C-4F80-80D3-5B5EE07EA545.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 113
He looked very stressed and had fin rot to start with, TBH I have never seen stress stripes on a male Betta. Females yes but not males.

Most reactions

Back