Taking Photos

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Guppylover

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I'm trying to take photos of my fish, the whole aquarium pictures are ok but when I try to take the individual...I have a problem. My fish move to fast! The pictures come out either blurred or just wierd :X . I try again and again but it just won't work.
Arrgghhh! It's getting really annoying... I really want to show my unknown rainbow fish to everyone here, so mabye someone can tell me what it is.
Can anyone help? Hints and anything... please

I have the same problem. My digital camera doesn't have a sports mode or a super-fast-stop-'em dead mode- is there anyway round this??

Asking, coaxing and shouting at the fish doesn't work I tried all that last night :lol:

I use a sony digital cam and find 1 descent pic out of 10 and maybe 1 real good one out of 15 -Anne

I was going to ask the same question myself! :p Pesky Mollies never keep still! :S

I have a Nikon digital camera and also find that about 1 out of ten pictures is ok. I find that the best way for me to take them is to focus the camera on one of the fish and then keep that focus locked. You then have to wait for a fish to stay still in that particular range. Easier said than done and time consuming! (but fun none the less ) :) I also find that it helps if you don't zoom in too far. Then of course there is the obvious suggestions such as taking the picture at an angle to the glass so that you get no reflections etc.

HTH and if anyone else has any ideas then let us know please :thumbs:

If you've seen any of my posts of danio pics then I know how you feel :(
for every pic i've posted there is about 3 hrs work and approx 1000 pics that are worthless.

All I can suggest is try, try, and try again.

take pics first thing in the morning...

have your cam ready...turn on tank light...

snap snap snap...
when they get too active

feed

snap snap snap :D

i have the same problem... my camera dosn't like focusing throught the water either...

so lastnight i bought a Fuji S7000 :D :D (ok that was the excuse anyway)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back