Syd gets a new home!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

. Think about it.

I did and do everyday, its why my Male Bettas Live in 2 foot 15 gallon heavily planted tanks and my Betta sorority lives in a 6 foot 100 gallon heavily planted tank.

This is a sorority tank.
2HKR05a.jpg

there is a product called the betta leaf hammock sold at every petsmart, some LFS, and i think in every petco too.

Yes I have seen them at Petsmart but since I had the materials handy I just made one. My Delta tail Betta loves it and is using right now.

IMHO regarding betta tank size, I think a five gallon is sufficient for one male betta, as long as he has adequate cover, and I think many would be happier with a five gallon to himself than sharing a ten gallon with any other fish.
I feel that from the betta's point of view, once you get about 6 times his body length in tank length, a good temperature and chemical stability, then after that it's less about having more room (although it is appreciated, I am sure) and more about not having to share it.
EDIT: From the articles I have read online, adequate cover is essential to avoid stress

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back