Swimming Snails?!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

tmoney7

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I looked in my 10gal today and saw that there were snails moving along the top of the water upside down. At first i thought my eyes were playing a trick on me but i looked closer and there was another one in the middle of the tank just swimming around.  What kind of snails are these?

Could be anything in terms of what snails are in your tank. personally I have seen this with mts snails

my trumpet snails do this, especially in smaller areas like breeder boxes that get a higher surface tension with oils from food accumulating on the top, I think they're just hanging out sucking up the oils.

I've seen ramshorns do this.  I doubt they were trying to eat anything, but rather trying to find a solid surface to cling back onto.  They seem pretty stupid, them ramshorns. :D

I like my snails, but, I agree, they're dumb!  Specially when my apple snails go to the top of the tank...and then just fall down, that's why we name them things like oof, thud, thunk and stuff.

yeah i was wondering what kind os snails these are because their shell is round and they have a spiral by their tail, which is a very long tail.

Yeah, snails are not renowned for their intelligence really!

My assassins snails regularly fall of things, usually the heater! I watch them when they're on the heater knowing one of them gonna fall off, and sure enough, get to the edge then, boof! simply straight down! lol 

if they are small enough they can grip the meniscus (the area between air and the start of your water)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back