Swim Bladder Or Kidney Turning Green?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

katdixon58

Reaction score
[font=times new roman']This is a bloodfin tetra that has been in the tank for 6 days.[/font]

Tank size: 29g tall; Eclipse; over 3 years old.
pH: 7.4
ammonia: .2
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 5
kH: 40
gH: 50
tank temp: 78

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):
[font=times new roman']the fish was fine earlier today. we come home and it appears weak and can not keep itself strong in the current[/font]
[font=times new roman']I can't tell which, the bladder or the kidney, appears to be turning greenish, see pic. The other 2 of the same kind look fine.[/font]

Volume and Frequency of water changes: [font=times new roman']3 gallon change since adding the fish; we had a chlorine spike from the community well about 2 weeks ago and it killed everything (my two year old 3 spot Gourami and two year old cory cats
sad.png
. We did a 90% change and cleaned the gravel and structures thoroughly
. The tank ran for 3 days before adding the new fish; the biowheel was not touched to preserve the good cycled stuff.[/font]

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:
Prime; when changing the water (after the chlorine issue) we put .5 ml per gallon; since the fish has been added I changed 3 gallons 4 days ago and added .15 ml of the Prime.

Tank inhabitants: [font=times new roman']1 blood Gourami, 2 more bloodfin tetras and 2 pygmy cory cats (all of the others look fine); 3 very small dwarf neon rainbows died within the first day and a 1/2.[/font]

if the fish can not keep its self up straight is sounds like swim bladder but the water is clean so idk. it could also be constipation my goldfish had that issue i fasted him for 2 to 3 days and then feed him krill, non floating food (so he was not gulping air) and it gradully fixed things out

Thanks so much, fishychick77. Sadly, he died a couple of days ago. The other 2 that joined the tank at the same time are doing very well though!
Best wishes for your own pets
fish.gif

your ammonia is 2ppm, that will be why he died, have you tested the water again since? do you have any idea why the ammonia is high, in a tank thats 3 years old it should be 0ppm unless there is something rotting in there

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back