The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

smarch93

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Heres a picture of my pet crowntail betta Svyatoslav, or Borris. I was taking a Russian history class at my university and the name kept coming up and was fun to say,but he also goes by Boris for those who can't pronounce or remember Svyatoslav. I have had him for about 9 months now and he's just been getting used to the 10 gallon tank after living in the 1 gallon tank for up until about 2 months ago.
I've recently looked into getting a few tank mates, just a few shrimps and a couple of snails. It made me look into care and i recently found out this tank that's been running bio filter untouched for a year isn't cycled. So for now this is the transition into the nitrogen cycle and transition to a full natural planted tank.
Today i switched out the gravel for white desert style play sand.

Svyatoslav is currently in the 1 gallon tank he lived in previously until the tank settles and levels out. A lot of the cloud came out of the gravel, so I'm thinking the ammonia problem had that as part of it.

I went to plant my live plants as fast as i could so they wouldn't be too disturbed by the transition, so i scaped blindly and i guess we'll have to wait until the cloud settles to see how i did :p

Attachments

• IMG_20140530_171711.jpg
    IMG_20140530_171711.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20140531_163657.jpg
    IMG_20140531_163657.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 165

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back