Svas Open Show And Auction

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ben_SVAS

Reaction score
Morning all ,

Hopefully its OK with the Mod team for me to post this in here.
I'd like to share some details with you all about the SVAS Open show and Auction in October. Its shaping up to be a fantastic event well worth attending.

There's a flier below with some details and ill keep the thread updated hopefully with further announcements.

a5-showflyer-svas.jpg

I do not think there would be a problem Ben..... I'll leave it open and bring it to the attention of the rest and maybe get it posted on the events calender for you....

Further news:

navtop.jpg

For those of you that don't already know, New Era Aquaculture have kindly donated a large amount of food that we'll be giving away as show prizes or raffle.

Make sure you're there to get yours ;)

More News:

reefonelogo.gif

The fantastic guys and girls as ReefOne have donated some goodies to the October Show and Auction. So as such we'll be giving away one of there stunning new BioOrb Life 45 's.

bio-orbLife.jpg

Thats over £250 of full set up we'll be giving away!

This show's going to be excellent :thumbsup:

More News:

More news , the folks over at the BCA Clicky have confirmed that they'll be attending the SVAS show in October and will be on hand for information and a chat through out the day.

Ste Chester will also will also be entering lots into auction , and as we all know Ste provides some of the best and rarest examples in his auction lots.

BCA-Banner.jpg

Further news:

Our kind sponsor's at Windsor Aquatics have donated some exellent tanks which we will available at the show , more news on how to get your hands on a brand new hand built tank for next to nothing soon!

More News:

loachassociatio.jpg

We are pleased to be welcoming the International Loach Association to the Sheaf Valley - Open show & auction !

They'll be on hand through out the day to share their knowledge and help out with any questions through out the day!

Just a quick reminder that its this Sunday. I personally cant wait there's some fantastic items going through auction and were giving away tonnes of superb prizes!!!

Hope to see you all there! :D

Yesterday was a huge success, there were some major bargains and stunning quality rare fish went through auction.

Good reviews are popping up all over the web , there will be a full report full of pictures on the SVAS website shortly.

Thanks to anyone who attended, looking forward to next year already.

Feel free to post some auction pictures here. Many aquarists are unaware of how auctions work, and the wide array of items available for what is often a steeply discounted price.

Feel free to post some auction pictures here. Many aquarists are unaware of how auctions work, and the wide array of items available for what is often a steeply discounted price.

I will do Tolak ,

Off the top of my head i remember the following ;
Breeding group of 6+ Wild Corydoras - £10
Vienna double sword 'show standard' guppys , two pairs - £3
Group of wild Apisto macmasteri (4+) - £5
Resin weighted plastic plants polular is LFS for £7 - £1 each
Air pumps (brand new sealed and boxed - £3
Fluval U3 (brand new boxed) - £6
Trio's of pineapple swords - £0.50 !!!
A bag for 20+ guppys - £4

All in all approx 1000 items went through auction! There was everything there from foods to plants to fish and everything in between!

As soon as i have some snaps ill upload them. More people should go out of their way to attend them if not for the HUGE bargains but support your local fish keeping scene! ;)

Another plus is the people you will run into at auctions. Many folks who breed heavily won't be bothered to post on a forum such as this one, or really have that much online activity in general. In person they will talk up a storm, answer more questions than you would like to try & remember, and generally give you a free education beyond what can be found online.

One requirement of labeling auction items is including seller contact information, at least at every auction I've attended. Even if you get outbid, or miss an item you can get this info off of the item before it goes up. Sellers, liking to sell, will nearly always answer questions if you contact them, even if you didn't buy their item.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back