Suspicious spots on Honey gourami!?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ck73084

Reaction score
Hello there!! I was wondering if anyone could tell me what these spots are on my honey gourami? I have a 20 gallon tank with 2 honey gourami 3 guppies and 5 Danios also have live plants water perimeter are all good with clean tank weekly water changes ! Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_20180517_101104.jpg
    IMG_20180517_101104.jpg
    533.1 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_20180517_101102.jpg
    IMG_20180517_101102.jpg
    545.5 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_20180517_101057.jpg
    IMG_20180517_101057.jpg
    613.4 KB · Views: 373
How long have you had the fish for?

It looks like wounds from anchor worm but there don't appear to be any anchor worm on the fish. If you got the fish recently they might have had anchor worm, which was treated and those are the wounds from where the parasites were attached to the fish.

Monitor them over the next few weeks and if they get worse post a new picture asap. :)

Hello! I have had the honey gourami since February so about 3 months now . The fish did not have spots on it from fish store but the black spot did appear a little while after then the red spot appeared a month or so later. The fish is very active and eats well with no changes or anything. I have been fish keeping for a little over 2 years now still a bit of a newbie at it but I surely love it!!

Do the spots appear to stick out sideways at all, like a bump, or are they smooth and not stick out at all?

Have the spots grown or become bigger over the last 3 months?

The black spot could almost be colouration altho honey dwarf gouramis don't have black spots. But it could be a genetic mutation. However, the red spot is a concern. But if it hasn't grown or changed shape or size since it first appeared, then it is less of an issue.

It could be a parasitic worm that is living there but it doesn't look like that.
If it was a bacterial infection it would get worse quickly and start eroding away the fin and fin rays.
It could be a blood clot but as long as it doesn't get worse it shouldn't be a problem.
It could be a red freckle/ mole, which would be rare but unlikely to cause any issues.

At this stage monitor and if the spots get bigger then post new pics.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back