Surface Agitation

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mikky77

Reaction score
Hi, i have a 55 litre tank(REKORD 60).I don't know if its my imagination,but the spray bar seems less powerful than it was a couple of months ago when all the equipment was new. I remember it used to create quite a few bubbles,now it creates a few small bubbles,and slowly stirs the surface round. Anyone any idea just how much agitation is needed.Thanks very much.Oh and one more thing, the pipe that sprays the water out has a small hole near the bottom, I was thinking of blocking it,so that more pressure comes out the top.Does anyone know why there is a hole in the pipe.Cheers

I find that spray bars need to be adjusted now and then as the water level goes up and down. A little bit of angle change can make a big difference in the noise level or the type of surface agitation I find. Since you mention 2 months, its worth thinking about whether you might have just normal debris build-up in your media. Perhaps its time to give the filters a gentle squeeze in a bucket of tank water and/or dip the ceramic rings or pebbles also in tank water if you have any of that media type.

Also, there may be members familiar with your specific filter model -- I've seen various recommendations come up frequently here about extra pipes on some of the complete-kit UK setups that have internal filters integrated with the hoods etc. I believe.

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back