Suitable Friends For My Cory

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Carp4U

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have one Leopard cory (sold as in shop) in my 15 gallon planted.
I had 4 but 3 died to suspected swimbladder or constipation problems.
However, the one i have now looks different to what the others did, maybe it is male or female? nevertheless, it was never affected by the illness.
I need to get more cories, as they are a shoaling fish. I will be going for them Sunday.
My cory is slightly under an inch.
The other fish are one chinese algae eater, 1 gibbiceps pleco (fine with all fish), 2 cardinal tetra, 1 kribensis and 6 harlequin rasboras.

Can you recommend any which are easy to find and are common in shops which will get along with my cory?

I saw bronze corydoras, panda corydoras and corydoras sterbai in the shop last week- so it would be good if any of these are a good choice!

Thanks

Hi Carp4U,

I've had in my fish keeping years Corydoras leucomelas (don't know the common name), Bronze, Albino, Pepper, Sterbai.
I've kept them in the same tanks with each other with no problems at all. Panda's I think (someone correct me if im wrong) are
a bit more sensitive.

I think you won't have any problems if you go with Bronze, Albino, Pepper, or more Leopard cory or similar looking. Once bronze and peppered corys settle in and grow older you will notice a nice jade like colour.

yup...pandas seem more sensitive. all of the others seem like a good choice and will most likely romp around together.
cheers!

It might be worth rehoming your Gibbiceps before adding any more Cories. Although it's fine now, it will outgrow your tank and may upset the Cories.

Hey everyone got 2 bronze corydoras and 2 corydoras sterbai. My cory will be happier now!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back