Suggestion for Auto-watch

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BeckyCats

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello! I would like to suggest, if it is possible, that when a person starts a new thread, that they automatically "watch" it (I believe this used to be the case before the upgrade). Recently, I started a new thread and asked a question and assumed that I was "watching" it since I started it. But after days and days had passed and my "watched threads" check kept not showing no new activity, I didn't think anyone had replied. But then I remembered that I had had trouble clicking "watch" on a different thread and thought to look at ALL of my watched threads, even if there was no new info. That's when I noticed that the thread I posted wasn't on my "watch" list. I had to navigate to it and found that someone indeed HAD replied days ago and here I am, not replying or saying thank you, or anything. :oops:

So, anyway, if it is possible, it would be AWESOME to have the default be to automatically "watch" all threads if you are the OP.

Thanks for all you guys do to keep a great forum going!!!!! :)

Yes, agreed most definitely. I have noticed that not all threads send me emails, even if this is the default.

right next to the "post Reply" button is a "More options" button. press that and you will a option to watch the thread. I have not been using it so I cannot be sure it works. I don't know if there is any way to make it a default setting.

right next to the "post Reply" button is a "More options" button. press that and you will a option to watch the thread. I have not been using it so I cannot be sure it works. I don't know if there is any way to make it a default setting.

I do know about that. ;) I was just making a suggestion that perhaps it could be made a default setting like it used to be (for the OP of a thread). Thank you though! I do genuinely appreciate it when people are friendly and helpful, so thank you! :)

This feature is already available, however it's not enabled by default.

Click on this link: http://www.fishforums.net/account/preferences

and check the box next to:

Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
&
and receive email notifications of replies

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 10.53.49 PM.png

This feature is already available, however it's not enabled by default.

Click on this link: http://www.fishforums.net/account/preferences

and check the box next to:

Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
&
and receive email notifications of replies

View attachment 82670
I did change my setting (thank you), but I still think that having it be a default for an OP to watch their own threads would be a sensible default. Who would start a thread and not want to know when people replied? I can see making the email function be an option that needs to be selected, but just the watching part of it should be a default, especially since the option to turn it on is somewhat buried. Or at least show a little message in the "watched threads" section that says "to watch all of the threads you post, change your settings in the preferences section" or something like that. Anyway, just my two cents. Thanks.

I did change my setting (thank you), but I still think that having it be a default for an OP to watch their own threads would be a sensible default. Who would start a thread and not want to know when people replied? I can see making the email function be an option that needs to be selected, but just the watching part of it should be a default, especially since the option to turn it on is somewhat buried. Or at least show a little message in the "watched threads" section that says "to watch all of the threads you post, change your settings in the preferences section" or something like that. Anyway, just my two cents. Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback. We made some changes that should address this!

Most reactions

trending

Back