Suggest A Movie

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I'd recommend War Horse, try getting through it without shedding a tear if you can :good:

machine gun preacher or devils double. you wont be dissapointed

The Troll Hunter is a fantastic film, as long as you don't mind watching sub titled films :good:

Red Dog isn't bad and a true story.

What do you like.....horror
ohmy.png
, romances
wub.png
comedy
rofl.gif
musicals
59.gif

A mix really, mainly action and comedy. I watched saving private Ryan the other night after the suggestion I have got it on dvd and seen it about 4 times but still a good movie.

Someone told me to watch the movie Ted, said it was very funny. I haven't seen the movie and if anyone else has let me know what you thought about it. There is something about talking teddy bears that just doesn't seem right.
wink.png

Band of Brothers is also good.

The Princess Bride, the more you watch it the more funny things that happen in the movie.

also Hoodwinked, great movie even if it is sort of aimed at kids, still has plenty of stuff to keep adults amused too. Also it will keep you guessing about who is guilty
wink.png

The Last of The Mohicans (whith Daniel Day Lewis), The Karate Kid part 82

Better is Betta said:
Someone told me to watch the movie Ted, said it was very funny. I haven't seen the movie and if anyone else has let me know what you thought about it. There is something about talking teddy bears that just doesn't seem right.
wink.png
I thought Ted was a bit of a let down. It was one of those movies where the best parts were put into the trailor. There's a whole lot of movies out there that are funner. I think another total bust was Movie 43. I recently watched a show called Chicken with Plums which was done by the same director that did Amelie. I liked it, so you might check it out if you like french films.

I can suggest movies made before most in this thread were born I think? I only suggest movies I have watched. Here are a few......

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (b&w) a classic western.

Arsenic and Old Lace (b&w) A great comedy.

The African Queen- A great adventure for which Bogart won Best Actor.

Harvey (b&w) Another funny one starring Jimmy Stewart.

Sargeant York (b&w) WWI True Story.

The Wild Bunch- A great western with a great cast.

Hobson's Choice (b&w) A good Bristish comedy starring John mills and Charles Laughton.

Ben Hur- A classic which in 1960 won the academy awards for: Best Actor in a Leading Role; Best Actor in a Supporting Role; Best Art Direction-Set Decoration; Color; Best Cinematography, Color; Best Costume Design, Color; Best Director;, Best Effects, Special Effects; Best Film Editing; Best Music; Scoring of a Dramatic or Comedy Picture; Best Picture; Best Sound

I am also a fan of silent movies, so if folks are interested I can suggest some of these too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back