Succes with Dyed Fish!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

325Pilot

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So I went into my LFS (which is a REALLY good store), and noticed that they had a few painted glassfish. I asked them if they knew how they were made, they said no, I told them all about dyed and painted fish, and this week I went back, the fish were gone, and their name had been removed from the list of fish in the tank!

Wow. I wouldn't have expected that to work. I might try that with my LFS, I'm going today to buy some angels.

I was worried when I first read the title of your post. Thought you were gonna say you bought dyed fish :D , I was thinking to myself is this person crazy, this forum is gonna let him have it :D

Hehe, I was worried when I first saw this thread but what a success story! :kana: Luckily I haven't seen any died fish in shops around here as all the ones i've been to display signs saying they dont support the selling of dyed fish.

If more people could take notice of this and not just go money grabbing buying fish would be a much better experience for most people!

Ben

I agree. fish is not about money, it is about a great hobby that causes happiness to people worldwide.

I think that they genuinly cared, they are a two store operation and all of the staff seem very knowledgeable, all but one of them has worked there for over 3 years, and every one that I have talked to has had a fresh or saltwater tank at home. It seemed like they cared, and it seemed like they would. I hope that they didn't just run out of them.

A friend of mine runs a LFS. She is great. She really cares about the fish and goes out of her way to help you with your aquarium and she's also very good about asking the right questions and getting the right info. So I asked her if she knew about fish dying and what she thought about it. Sure enough she had all the info about it and said it's a terrable practice and she would never sell them in her shop.

wow thats really good that they got rid of them! thankfully i have only ever seen dyed fish in one shop and i would have said something but i'm too shy lol. it seemed like a really good shop too. they have the best collection of cichlids and they have the most hugest plecos. i was really impressed with it until i saw the dyed fish :no: . i walked straight out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back