Submersible Heater?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Instead of part of the heater being above the surface of the water, the whole thing can be submerged. This provides for better heat dispersion, as the heater can be mounted horizontally, or at just about any angle to conceal it behind decorations in a show tank.

Tolak

Here at least, almost all heaters are fully submersible.

When placing heaters behind objects to conceal, consider the water flow. It is quite possible to set the heater in such a position that the water immediately around it is at a perfect temperature, but the heat is limited to that small space.

Consider also, when placing a heater vertically in particular, that in the absence of water movement, warm water rises, thus the thermostat, normally mounted above the heater element may well decide the tank is warm enough, when in fact it is only seeing a warm column of water.

Thanks for the help, do you hink i could ppput one in my 1 gallon fry tank? Do they make them small enough for that?

Hi..just to add some info. I have an Ebo Jager 200 Watt heater on my 46 gallon tank. My LCD thermometer on the OPPOSITE side of the tank registers a constant 75 degrees. I think a filter that provides good circulation in the tank will make the conduction AND convection direction of heat negligible on a small to medium size tank. Go for a reliable heater and one that fits into your budget....both work great. Ask people here what brand they think works best. My first heater was a PennPlax and the heating was all over the place. Good luck. SH

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back