What's new

Struggling with stocking capacity

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

nicnac500

Reaction score
Evening folks,
I'm getting back into the realms of fish keeping after a couple of decades off and, as the title suggests, I'm a bit stuck on calculating a healthy stocking level for my planned Juwel Trigon 190 due to the odd dimensions of the tank.

Can any of you folks shed some light on this area?

The initial thought as it stands is to have the aquarium set up with artificial plants and various bits of stone and wood with Odessa barbs, gold barbs and a bottom feeder or two.

Any thoughts would be a great help and much appreciated.

Regards,
Nick

Last edited:
Do you know your pH and gH? That will help us nail down good fish for your water. c:

It's more a numbers question for the tank that I stated, being a corner tank throws a spanner into the works.
all other aspects have already been considered in regards to species, conditions and care.

Last edited:
Sorry about that, I misread your post. I looked up the dimensions, they do look like a pain to stock. Perhaps a group of 8 Odessa barbs, 10 Golden barbs? I'm not certain about bottom feeders, sorry.
It sounds like a good looking tank, good luck. c:

Welcome to TFF!

... all other aspects have already been considered in regards to species, conditions and care.
Why not share the details with us?

Those barbs will mix in the tank very much. Imho going with a single species in a larger group should be beneficial for the fish and and the eye of the beholder ;) If you want a second species I would recommend a somewhat different species like any Trigonostigma or any Tanichtys. If you go for only those 2 species I would say 12 of the barbs and 15 of the others. Try to get more females than males. It might not look like many fish in the beginning, but they will grow.

Make sure to use sand as substrate especially if you plan further on any bottom dwelling species. (I would stay in Asia too.)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back