Struggling a little - GHA/Cycling

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
The light is a dennerle LED 5.0 and so it could be a height issue as it's adjustable up and down... it's not quite at the top of the setting so maybe that's need to be moved upwards .

Thanks for hanging in there :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're welcome. On the light, I actually meant the intensity might be too high, so lowering the light intensity could help. In my experience, albeit with low-tech/natural tanks only, the light is most often the cause of problem algae. The duration can adjust things if the intensity is not too high or conversely too low to begin with. Not saying it is here, just one factor to consider. From the photos in an earlier post I would think the light is more on the bright side than too weak, but that is only going from the photos.

You're welcome. On the light, I actually meant the intensity might be too high, so lowering the light intensity could help. In my experience, albeit with low-tech/natural tanks only, the light is most often the cause of problem algae. The duration can adjust things if the intensity is not too high or conversely too low to begin with. Not saying it is here, just one factor to consider. From the photos in an earlier post I would think the light is more on the bright side than too weak, but that is only going from the photos.

Right, got you! I can only move the light up and down physically so to reduce light intensity means setting it to maximum height on the bracket.

There was me worrying the light wasn't bright enough for the high light plants!!

I need to remove some of the substrate plants as they have grown really well and covered the whole of the floor in a carpet of green, but it's getting a little thick..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back