Stripeless kuhli loach?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Loachfacekilla

Reaction score
Hello all! I have a 10 gallon aquarium with 6 (well lets get technical) ahem* 4 kuhli loaches, a black kuhli and a stripeless kuhli! I wasnt terribly surprised as this is how the black kuhli was acquired. I purchased 3 kuhlis 2 years ago for a 5 gal only to discover one had no stripes bands or markings of any kind. Found out pretty quick it was a black loach after doing some research. Howeverrrrr.....this new guy is different. Hes dark brown on his top half and whitish on his bottom half and has onky a stripe on his face. Is it just young still? Does anyone else have a kuhli like this?
20170308_000715.jpg
20170308_163940.jpg

That doesn't look like a kuhli to me. It looks like a tiny Chinese weather loach. Or something similar.

Google....panda kuhli

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Oh yes a panda loach looks similar although all the pictures i see theyre more solid color than mine. Mine is all dark brown/red on the top half and a cream color his bottom half with a white dot by each eye. But it does look more like the panda kuhli than anything else ive seen.

Thanks thats a cool site unfortunately i didnt find mine on there. But theres a lot with no pictures too so he could be one of those. I didnt realize how many different ones were out there! Hes super active with my other kuhlis i do have a pangio oblonga too hes pretty solid grey with a bit of pink by his face but he keeps to himself i was thinking of maybe trying to hunt down other black kuhlis for him and maybe he'll come out of his cave like the others.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back