Stress Coat/ Stress Zyme?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

helen1207

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi im struggling with the amounts of this to add to my tank.
The tank is 20 litres. It already has some of both added to it as it is a `new` set up. I am doing a 25% water change = adding in 5litres.It has measure ments on the bottles but there for 38 litte tanks and my maths isnt very good! Basically can anyone tell me how many DROPS per litre to add for a normal water change. cheers Helen.

Hi Helen,

does it say 10ml treats 38L of water? I don't think you wrote how much it is to read 38litre.

I can't tell you how many drops, but if its nutrafin 2.6ml of water conditioner = 10L of water
so 1.3ml is 5L.

the cap should have measurements in if you don't have a syringe.

if you still need drops i'm not sure...

Hi simon,
Yes it says 5ml per 38 litre stress zyme
and 5ml per 38 litre stress coat.
The make is API.
Im presuming if its 5ml = 38 litre tank then 2.5 ml = 19 litre tank BUT i only need to add 5 litres so im presuming adding by drops would be more acurate

Hi simon,
Yes it says 5ml per 38 litre stress zyme
and 5ml per 38 litre stress coat.
The make is API.
Im presuming if its 5ml = 38 litre tank then 2.5 ml = 19 litre tank BUT i only need to add 5 litres so im presuming adding by drops would be more acurate

Heh, well you're looking for .65ml for 5litres as they state. However I think its highly recommended for you to use 1.5/2x the amount the manufacturer states. I would merely go for 1ml for ever time you do a 5litre water change.

Also a little tip I picked up, is if you're measuring such small amounts I find it best to use the little caps they supply and then once you've poured the liquid out I then place the plastic cap into the water and swish it. It helps get out the remaining bits which are stuck on the side and reduces wastage.

I went through a phase of doing 50% water changes every day for about 2 weeks... eugh!

I have found that my Prime , which takes 1 ml per 10 gallons is about 1 drop per gallon. The 5 ml seems to be about 10 drops. Since you are looking for about a half ml, I would try one or two drops. It does not hurt to add a bit too much as sometimes it turns out to be necessary. I honestly didn't think that the stress coat was that concentrated. Please go recheck the units and make sure you have not given us bad numbers to work with.

Thanks for your replys joshuaA and oldman47! I`ve rechecked the amounts, stress zyme is existing aquariums 5ml per 38 litre and stress coat is 5ml per 38 litre to remove chlorine, chloramines & ammonia from tap water. (10 ml per 38 litre to help repair damaged tissues & replace slime coating.) :rolleyes:

I need to correct my earlier post. Prime is 1 ml per 10 gallons so 1 drop is only about 1/6 of that. To get .65 ml I would end up using about 4 or 5 drops to be on the safe side.

I need to correct my earlier post. Prime is 1 ml per 10 gallons so 1 drop is only about 1/6 of that. To get .65 ml I would end up using about 4 or 5 drops to be on the safe side.

Prime is ridiculously good, when I bought the bottle I was gob smacked at how much it would treat. Kind of makes all the other brands a little expensive... massively expensive in fact. For anyone looking for a new conditioner or even a replacement just go to Prime, you get much more bang for your buck!

The Prime does cost more than the other brands in the US per ml or per ounce. It is only on a per dose basis that it comes in cheaper. I find that all of the name brand dechlorinators are much the same in terms of performance, but I use Prime for its cost per dose more than anything else. I am running 25 tanks as of my last count and a cheap water treatment is very important to me in that context.

Most reactions

trending

Back