Strange test results

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

rob

Reaction score
Hi,

I have had my tank (58 Litre) cycling with 2 Zebra Danio's for 4 weeks and did a few tests on my water. Here are my results:

Ammonia: 5 - 10 ppm
Nitrite: 1 - 5 ppm
Nitrate: 5 - 10 ppm
PH: 7.4

Are these results normal? I thought the ammonia would have subsided by now.

Thanks,

Rob

I would have thought that the ammonia would be lower then that if your nitrites were starting to climb. Doing it with fish though can be a little harder though as there are more variables like feeding/water changes to keep them from getting too stressed/waste production... Keep checking and see if your ammonia dosen't go to zero soon as the nitrites climb (I'd do water changes to help the fish through it)

ALASKA

Welcome to the forum, Rob! I agree with Alaska. How are the danios doing? Are they showing signs of stress or disease?

Thanks ALASKA, I forgot to mention I did a 10% water change yesterday. Should I do another today or just leave it until next week?

cutechic: yes, they are handling it fine. They like playing in the bubbles and stuff, and dont seem overly stressed.

Rob ;)

Myself, I would every day till I knew more about why I had both ammonia and nitrites... It may/will slow down the cycle a little but I'd worry about the fish more. I'm kinda a softie. :D

ALASKA

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back