April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

nofishinginmytank

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well wanting to sort out my fish tank situation I went to the lfs today after finishing my shift at work :) I decided to sort everything out, so I contacted advertiser I had seen on preloved about the fish tank I had been looking at all week. It's a 300L Juwel Rio 300 Black Aquarium, it's lovely. 121 x 51 x 66cm. I thought it was a great deal, he sold me the tank and a lovely black stand for £525. So I have scrubbed it all out, put my gravel in added my new ornaments (copied the names on the labels to get the pictures) and put in two plants :) I am going to do the fish less cycle. I just don't really know how to stock it :/ There is so much choice, I need to get 5 more peppered corydoras to put in there with Miss Whiskers (the one I have now) I am going to keep my guppies and platies in the 40L. I am in no rush to stock as I said I will be doing a fishless cycle. Any ideas what I could do? 
fish.gif
 I am so excited!!!! (The picture is the sellers photo which he got from the company website I think)

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 222
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 201
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 199
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 214
These are lovely tanks, I thought about that one before eventually going with the bow fronted version, although got to admit I don't like the boat so much
smile.png
. I much prefer natural ornaments like plants, wood, rocks etc. Depends what you want it to be. Assuming your water isn't extreme you could fill it with tetras, maybe 2 shoals and maybe some dwarf cichlids, rams or apisto's for interest. They would be fine with your cories.

Kept rams before, not sure I want to go there again tho. Might look into apistos and some tetras. Which would you reccommend? Think neons are my favorite, I will be adding quite a few plants to the tank aswell :)

I prefer cardinals to neons, more colour about them. how about a a few angels?. I recently bought some emperor tetras, these are really nice. I've been taking loads of pics of them. The males have blue eyes and the females green eyes. This is a pic of one of my males.

Attachments

• emperor male.jpg
    emperor male.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 211
Could you keep cardinal tetras with emperor tetras?? If so how many in each school would be ideal and what other fish could I have with them if any?? thank you so much 
fish.gif

If I am completely honest I don't love angels, I like them don't get me wrong but I am not drawn to them the same ways as I am some of the other fish you mentioned :) Do you have any other suggestions? 
fish.gif

Cardinals and emperors get on just fine I have 10 of each.

I've been meaning to make a video of my tank, maybe I can get it done and post it later. I like cichlids, my wife wanted a tank that looked nice, so we compromised. I planted my tank with a £20 mixed load of plants from ebay (excellent value it was too) I decided to buy 3 lots of 10 shoaling fish, 6 corydoras, 6 otocinclus cats and 6 Apistos (a trio of Cacatoides and a trio of Agassizi) The 2 types didn't get along so I moved the agassizi to a 3ft tank I borrowed, and bought 4 small angels. That's my community complete now.

If I hadn't gone for apisto's I'd have went with Rams, or maybe kribs. I wanted some "specimen" fish to compliment the tetras.

Love the idea of 10 cardinals and 10 emperor tetras :) My 6 corydoras on the bottom :) I really would like some sort of 'show case' fish to fish complete it, any ideas ? thanks so much for your help 
fish.gif

Currently thinking of getting 10 cardinal tetras, 10 emperor tetras, some gourami and 6 peppered cory's. I am open to all other ideas :) Really want lot's of different suggestions, so I can chose my favorite set up 
fish.gif
 Thank you :)

Its all down to preference, both are great looking fish. I'm not sure about keeping more than one male dwarf in a tank. Someone else here will know better than me.

Thank you anyway :) I am going to look into the gourami's, hopefully i can get a few more stocking ideas too. Thank you for all your help 
fish.gif

Most reactions

Back