Stocking Questions

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

tristangross1

Reaction score
hello:)

I am getting a 10 gallon leader tank and i was wondering if it would be okay to put Dwarf Gourami(s) and guppies in the same tank? iā€™d like to maybe have a pair or D. gouramis, but okay if not.

I'm not experienced with gouramis personally, but from what I've read (I hope to get gouramis soon!) you should not house Guppies with them. The males get territorial at times and can fight fish with brighter colors I suppose. Also, most suggest a 15-20gal minimum for dwarf gouramis. Regular sized gouramis are 30 gal. As far as guppies go tho, I have some guppies in a 10gal and it seems to work out alright. I would definitely suggest them! They're very lively and attractive. Good luck!!

PSA- I would suggest doing a bit more research on Gouramis. I'm not personally experienced with them so I could be giving false info. I hope your tank ends up well!

It will also be helpful to know how hard your tap water is. Your water supplier's website should have your hardness somewhere. We need the number and the unit.

thank you, iā€™ll do more research. i might just do a tank of all guppies, 5-6 males.

You really do need to find out the hardness of your water; guppies need hard water to do well, and won't live long or be healthy if kept in soft.

Could you post the dimensions of your tank as well, please? Some fish need more swimming space than others :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back