FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Airec0101

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am soon to take back my Chinese Algae Eater (Sucking Loach), he's pretty docile for one of them, doesn't go for other fish just warns them off if they get near his area. He's about 4 years old now.

Anyway I'm waiting for a new tank to arrive - 230 litres (~60 gallons) and he will be going in there (hopefully) along with a few danios, neon tetras, 1 male dwarf gourami, a few platy fry (being rehomed when older) and several amano (ghost) shrimp.

I reeeeaaaaally want some Corydoras - I think they've got such great character! Plus I'm upgrading from a 60L biorb which turns out wasn't suitable for bottom feeders, my favourite kind of fish! - Should have done my research but live and learn.

Do you think the Corys would be okay with the aforementioned fish? Or is it wishful thinking.

Thanks all and have a wonderful day :)

I would not acquire any substrate level fish including cories until the Chinese Algae Eater is gone. While it may appear docile, this can change, and introducing substrate level fish frequently ignites it. As the CAE ages (four years is still very young) it has a reputation for becoming truly obnoxious and may decide to kill any fish it dislikes, which can be every fish in the tank sometimes. Get rid of it before adding any fish, please.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back