Stocking Options For A Biorb 60l

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

shelaghfishface

the one and only
Reaction score
ok so i couldnt resist, i already have a 30L and that houses 1 siamese fighting fish and i adore it, never had any issues with it at all.
i did fancy having a go at marine with the 60L but i dont think im that brave( or rich to finance the upgrades required),with all the tanks i currently have to maintain i wouldnt have the time, but i will one day :unsure: in about 200 years.
heres what i dont want
platys ,guppies, shrimps.. i have platys and guppies and shrimps give me the ebbee geebees, i want nice plants, easily maintainable, and lots of little fish, but interesting ones.
now i know not everyone likes the biOrbs, but i do,and i know for a fact that if you maintain them well then they are no more difficult to take care of than anyother tank
i also got a night/day cycle light with it, which my 30L dosent have,so that will be interesting..

will look forward to your replies

shelagh xxx

anyway they are kind of a bit bigger than i was hoping for,as i want lots of plants i dont want the swim path to be a pain for anyone (fish) i have 3 albino tiger barbs in my other tank ( did have 4) i love the way they " stand on there heads" sort of thing, nice to watch, but i dont think they would be happy in the biorb.. maybe they would i dont know, but they are in a 4ft at the moment and seem to use all of the tank space (( does that make sense)

i recommend small tetras, plants and 10-12 neons and a few corys would be nice.

no tigers, they will eventually get a little on the big side.

60 liters is almost 16 gallons, which is a little on the small side. Maybe try a group of ADFs and some apple snails. I wouldn't go with neons or cories because they prefer the surface area that biorbs really don't have. Bettas are perfect because they are labyrinth fish.

Most reactions

Back