Stocking My 64 Litre Tank..

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

xgillian89x

Reaction score
Hi, my 64 litre "fish box" has now been fully cycled for 9 days, i bought 4 male guppys to put in yesterday. What other fish could i keep? I was having a look but not too clued up on tropicals yet as i've been used to cold water. I like cardinal tetras, neon swordtails, penguin tetras, cherry barbs. Which out of these and how many could i keep with my guppys? Also, would i be able to keep any corys? Any help would be appreciated :)

I'd be careful what shoaling fish you buy with the tank being a 'box' shape rather than a rectangle tank which will limit the swimming space so you dont really want a fish thats going to grow in excess of 2"

Two small shoaling fish that would both look nice are either endlers or hengeli rasboras. Both stay at a max of about 1" and both are nice and colourful in their own ways.

If you are wanting something for the bottom of the tank then either some pgymy cories or shrimp would work well

Andy

Is it this one? If so, called a box, but really it's a traditional rectangular shape.
Cardinals look like neons but are better suited to a new tank, I think, so maybe a shoal of them?

I'd hold off on either Neons or Cardinals for another six months, to let the whole setup stablise ;)

Yeah thats the one i've got. I'm waiting until wednesday till my local shop gets more fish in. What about cherry barbs or balloon mollies?

I had two penguin tetras and they tore up my male guppies.

If I were you i would definitely add some Corys, they come in a wide variety of colors and are a hardy little bottom dweller. They also are best when you have 2 or 3 in a tank that size and will get along well no matter what color they are.

As for a shoaling fish i would recommend 5 or 6 rummy nose tetras, they are extremely pretty in a small group and when their bright red faces pale, they are instantly telling you there's a water quality problem in your new tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back