Stocking Ideas For A 120g, Any Ideas?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Rust

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi,
ok, so i have a 120g (48x20x28) (LxWxH), with a 10" silver arow, 3 silver dollars and a pair of 10" severums, i have just moved the discus that were in there into a planted 60g. i would like some kind of cichlid to go with them, not worried about price or avaliability ill find one if i need to lol. Oh and the filtration is a eheim proffesional 2 and a aqua one CF1000. Thanks guys

The sevs didnt bother your discus? And the aro doesnt bother the sev's or vice versa? i would think there would def be aggression issues. But anyways, is your "pair" of sev's a breeding pair or just two sevs in the same tank. Cause if its a breeding pair, then your not gonna prob be able to put much more in there without them getting stressed when eggs are layed. If its just two sevs, then try some more silver dollars, as they would like a group of 5 to 6 anyways, and possibly some smaller cichlids such as firemouths or convicts that would not be too threatening to the sev's so it wouldnt bother their tank superiority

I'd add two more silver dollars and leave it at that, maybe a plec if your filtration can cope, but certainly nothing else in the top/mid levels. Two 10" sevs and an arowana are more than enough in that tank, when the arowana moves to it's bigger tank then maybe another smaller cichlid?

Ok the discus as stated were moved to a Planted 60g (where the sevs were) and the sevs were moved to the 120g, i have since got a 7" green terror and a 4" red terror. so the tank now has:
10" arow,
2 x 10" sevs
3 x 3" silver dollars
1 x 7" GT
and a 4" RT.
Tank is stocked and everyone is fine and dandy thanks

Most reactions

trending

Back