Stocking Ideas And Stocking Related Questions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Uriel

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Tank 370l with 180l sump approx(Probably mostly refugium in sump. Running mineral mud and macro algea. With some LR rubble and a few bits of LR with featherdusters)
Live rock 50kg +
MCE 600 turbo
Reef Tank probably buy corals as frags and grow them on.

Ok loosely i'd concidered

Ocellaris Clown Fish 2 orange and white and 2 black and white.
Mandarin Dragonet
Purple Tang
Flame angel
Bubble Tip Anemone (Not for 6 months +)

Ok so questions

1. Any glaring problems with my fish selection ?
2. I've heard different things about mixing colour variations of the same genus of Clown fish. Some say it is ok others say not. Could the clowns be stored temporarily in sump if there was a problem in future ? Could i mix just 1 B and W and 1 Orange and White ?
3. For the Manadarin, as they need massive quantities of copepods could I use the bottled ones to seed the tank and sump. To give them time to build up a good colony before introducing manadarin. I was thinking of seeding the tank from Day 1 if this is possible ?
4. Any other reccomendations, Is this over stocked or under stocked for a tank this size ?
5. Is it ok to use tap water to wash sand for my tank ?
6. Any fish/inverts you would add to this tank if it as yours ?

You could mix 1 black and white and 1 stndard colour ones if both are small

The purple Tang might be to big I would guess at 100+ gallon to house a full grown one a yellow or bristletooth would be fine in that size tank.

I would say you could get a few more in with no real issues A nice fairy or flasher Wrasse

A single bourbonius or fat head anthias would be fine also. A group of 4 - 5 small anthias like ventralis or diamond headed

maybe a nice midas blenny ? or any blenny

From what research I have done on net most sites say 75-100g is minimum for Purple Tangs. If i could keep 1 B and W perc and 1 Orange and White Perc is there any reasons i couldn't keep 2 of each ?

Its not the colours that are the issue its pairs of clowns in the tank unless the tank is very large 1000l they will fight like mad.

Purple Tangs are very big 8"+ ish I have Just read a few online resources all say 100 Gallon min would do better in larger tank.

Cheers

Any idea if it's ok to wash my sand using tap water and if pre-seeding with copepods has any advantages or disadvantages ?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back