The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kabernick30

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I have a 26 gallon community tank with 4 danios, and a dwarf spotted pleco.

Im looking to get a school of fish, and a centerpiece fish like a honey gourami or 3 spot opaline gourami

Does anyone have any recommendations for a school of fish and whether a singular gourami would be too aggressive for my community tank?

You could get a school of cardinal tetras, they're lovely colourful fish. Gouramis are generally peaceful community fish so I don't think you should have a problem.

I had a pearl gourami with neons and glow light tetras with no issues.  I also had some gold dust mollies in there as well that were okay.  I always rearranged my tank when adding new fish tho as I have read that some gouramis can become terretorial.

I would like to say that, although most gouramis are peaceful, the three spot/opaline can be very aggressive indeed.

Honey Gourami are peaceful community fish. I have one regular honey gourami (he's my favourite :) ) and 3 yellow ones, they each found their own little territory among the plants, rocks and drift wood, and are getting along great. Mine live with a school of 14 Harlequin Rasboras! :)

My opaline gourami will outcompete most for food, but doesn't bother even shrimps. Though he'll get as mad as night at another gourami in his sight.

Pearls are regarded as the most peaceful gourami of the 6" variety, though I half think that anything under 40g might be too small for them...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back