April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ellphea

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I have a 55 gallon all male mbuna tank. I am looking to add a few more fish species to the mix as mine are all still juvies. 
Here is what I currently have:
Melanochromis johanni (electric blue johanni)
Labidochromis caeruleus (Electric yellow labido)
Melanochromis auratus
Maylandia zebra (red zebra)
Pseudotropheus acei
Pseudotropheus demasoni
Pseudotropheus crabro (bumblebee)

The colors/bold/underlines are meaningless. I also have a few syno cats of unknown species. I am open to all suggestions! I would also like to know a good place to order the fish from since I don't have a LFS nearby. 

My favourites might be on the small side for you. Julidochromis Marlieri and Chalinochromis Brichardi. Both very beautiful fish.

Those are both lovely but are Tanganyika cichlids and mine is a Malawi tank. I don't know that they would fair well with mine

It'll be trail and error getting a combo that will work. Best option would be to pick out mbuna you like, if a fish is to aggressive or getting beat up, remove it a try another. The crabro and melanochromis will probably end up being too aggressive for a 4ft tank, not to mention crabro get pretty large for a mbuna.

I'd probably get rid of the auratus and crabro...they get insane aggressive in a 55 gallon tank...all the rest look good to me :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back