stocking advice

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fishy88

Reaction score
hello have kept various tropical fish for years have kept cichlids for the past 5 years or so but have now sold them and looking for sumthing different any suggestions i like tiger barbs or neons mayabe a big shoal of them my tank is a rio 240 litre with a ehiem pro 4 external

Could you post the dimensions of the tank, and the pH and hardness of your water, please?

We can't really recommend species for you without knowing those :)

ph is around 6 tank is a 4ft long 121x 55 x 41

A pH that low suggests soft water but we need to be sure before suggesting fish.

Look at your water suppier's website, the hardness of your tap water should be on there, somewhere. We need a number not words which can be misleading, and also the unit - there are about half a dozen units they could use.

If the water isn't super hard (and the pH suggests not) I might aim for something like this:

AquStockImage.png

But of course that's just me :whistle:

Apistos/pencil fish/cories

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

ruby barbs look similar to tiger barbs and are less nippy. Other barbs to look at include golden, cherry and checkered barbs. You could have a group of them and some neons, black phantom tetras, maybe a group of Corydoras catfish for the bottom, and some honey dwarf gouramis for the top.

Most reactions

trending

Back