Stocking A 30 Litre Tank!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

-L-O-T-T-E-

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi guys I have got a cycled 30 litre tank and I was just wondering what fish I could get along with the ones I have currently...

At the moment I have:

1 x dwarf Gouarmi
2 x brown frogs
2 x prgmy cories
5 x harlquins

I know I can't get much more, but I was hoping to get at least one more biggish fish (like my dwarf gouarmi) and a few guppies!! I was wanting to add some colour after taking out my Betta Rufus.

But would this be ok?

Cheers :)

Oo does this mean the plec is going to a new home then?

I'd say you're fully stocked as it is to be honest :(

But...if you have plenty of live plants and are strict with water changes then I'd perhaps swap the dwarf gourami for 2 honey gouramis(2 x Normal OR 2 x Red Robin OR 1 x Normal & 1 x Red Robin).

Just a side note but I'd be surprised if the Dwarf Gourami would accept any other large bodied fish in there anyways. Even if there was room.

Hmmmmm...

Yes Cat is a gonna :(

I don't really want to take another fish back :lol:

So no guppies?? *cry*

I clean it out at leats once a week and it has two plants in at the mo :D

Ps - what are the difference in the gourami's u have suggested? :) They sound nice hehe

Is it just that mine is a smaller version??, if so could I get 2?

So no guppies?? *cry*
^^ I wouldn't put any guppies in...

Ps - what are the difference in the gourami's u have suggested? :) They sound nice hehe

Is it just that mine is a smaller version??, if so could I get 2?
^^Dwarf Gouramis (as in the type you have), is actually a bit bigger than a honey gourami.

And honey gouramis can co-exist really happy in pairs where as dwarf gouramis are quite aggressive.

The difference I mentioned are just colour morphs.
Examples...
img_0724-1r.jpg

^^ Red Robin
HoneyGouramiWFA_AcF160.jpg

^^ Normal Honey Gourami

Damm there goes any colour in my tank!!

Ewwww thanks for the pics... After looking at them I really like mine... he is blue and orange stripy :)

Damm there goes any colour in my tank!!

Ewwww thanks for the pics... After looking at them I really like mine... he is blue and orange stripy :)

He's also recommended for 60l + sized tanks...
Where as honeys are ok in 40l (so 30l might be a bit of a squeeze for them, but overall it would be more suitable than the dwarf in 60l)

And I do speak from personal experience. My first tank was a 60l, and I bought a lovely young pair of dwarves. The male stressed the female to death driving her out of 'his' territory.
'His' territory being the whole tank!
They're also Sooooo prone to disease it's unbelievable. I think it's cause they've been so inbred over the generations.

My vote would go for honeys any day. But hey, if you like him then fair enough.

You could perhaps re-home the corys (as they would prefer to be in a bigger group anyways), and replace them with 3 male guppies? Just be aware that if the gourami does get territorial towards them then they wont have lovely tails for very long!

So mine is ok in his tank as long as he is on his own? hehe

Who'd have thought that fish would be this violent :eek:

Most reactions

trending

Back