Stock Stock Stock!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

kylealastairlove

Fish Addict
Reaction score
help me guys!

i have a few fish in mind to finish my stock but im not quite sure what, so i have a school of harlequin rasbora now, they're still settling into their new home, along with the 4 neons i have (i've decided to give my previous tank to my dad, being as he's always on about wanting to set up a tank after not having one for years, i know he loves neons so im gonna give him mine as im sticking to an asian theme) so yeah im trying to decide on what other fish to stock my tank with, a few fish i have in mind are, sparkling gourami, galaxy rasbora, kuhli's or some kind of loach as i want there to be some activity in the bottom part of the tank, also i wanted to ask if anyone has kept galaxy rasbora's do they spend a lot of time in the bottom part of the tank because i've seen a couple of tanks with them in and they seemed to stick to the bottom region of the tank is this normal behavior, if so i may consider these fish so that i have something going on down the bottom of the tank :) any other suggestions on asian fish that i could keep with the harlequins :) ?

I've got galaxy rasboras and sparkling Gouramis :D

How big is your tank again?

In my 54 litre I have 5 sparklers, 8 galaxys, 6 pygmy corys and a bamboo shrimp.

I started off with four galaxy's as they were expensive (being captive bred) but the following week bought another four and they are growing nicely :D

I've even had a short stint in hospital, and came home and they have grown! They are shy, but the bigger the numbers, the more braver they are, and they love a heavily planted tank.
I would personally say they occupy lower to mid layer of the tank.
They are shy when the light comes on too but they are coming out of themselves more and more each day. Don't expect them to shoal though.

awesome :) im jealous haha! my tank is 120 litre, it doesnt bother me that much if they wont shoal, as i already have my shoaling fish for the tank :)! just something to add a bit of life to the bottom part of the tank, and i thought the galaxy rasbora were very pretty, i've never seen a sparkling gourami in real life but i love the look of them from the pics and video's i've seen and i love how they make the clicking/croaking type noise, thought that was quite different and cool too made me want some even more :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back