Still Wanted - T8 Light Tubes

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chris301up

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am still looking for some T8 light tubes for my Juwel Vision 180.

According to the details the one's fitted are T8 x 30" and are 25 watt.

Apparently the light spectrum doesn't matter as I just want direct replacements!

I am still looking for some T8 light tubes for my Juwel Vision 180.

According to the details the one's fitted are T8 x 30" and are 25 watt.

Apparently the light spectrum doesn't matter as I just want direct replacements!

Try B&Q or home base mate if your not to bothered on colour spectrum..... will be a lot cheaper than most places.

I have tried B & Q and other similar suppliers, but they only sell standard lengths, such as 24" and 36", so need to replace with Juwel or Juwel compatible tubes.

I'm 90% sure it was only the T5 tubes which were specific lengths to there company but places like iquatics decided to mess jewels idea of cornering the market up....

However try lampspec.....http://www.lampspecs.co.uk/Light-Bulbs-Tubes/25-Watt

they do a variety of bulbs and will do one that fits yours for a fraction of the juwel cost.

Worth checking the captain chaos discount code if it still works on lamp specs too.

Right.

Have just been to Lampspecs page and with VAT & shipping charges total comes to £10.14p, so not worth bothering with!

Will troll through Ebay to see what's on offer?

If anyone has some knocking around please contact me - preferably by PM?

Just checked out the link and it looks promising. Thanks for that.

Just wondered why I need to consider the light spectrum when replacing tubes?

For aesthetics, colour rendition makes no real difference to plants or growth so it's purely for what colour preferences you yourself prefer
good.gif

Have just been to Lampspecs page and with VAT & shipping charges total comes to £10.14p, so not worth bothering with!

That doesn't sound unreasonable for one tube. How much were you expecting to pay?

I feel it's unreasonable once Postage & Package and VAT is added, Also, bearing in mind this price is just for a standard white tube.

My local tropical fish store do replacements, and about 12 months ago were price around £9.95p. but these have now almost doubled in price.

I have now found genuine one's (Daylight and Warmlight) on Ebay at £11.95 each, with free postage and packing, so these would be better all round value in my opinion.

Most reactions

trending

Back