Spraybar Flow Or Jet Flow

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

cleekdaFish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
wat outlet do u have on? and why

i have the spray to make a current

Spraybar ( because it came with the filter and that is what I wanted! )...

I like jets more because they move more water in a more focused direction and when they tank is 6 foot long you want to get the water moving!

i have my tank on the jets and have just bought a filter with a spaybar so i will be putting that on aswell :D

Use whichever you like; what matters more is how strong the filter is, not whether you use a venturi or spray bar. One caveat though: venturis reduce the flow of water (by making the filter motor work harder) and so reduce the amount of filtration. This is usually explained on filters that have optional air-inlet systems, such as internal canisters. So if you want maximum filtration, use a simple spray bar or spout instead of a venturi.

The other thing people neglect is water movement at the bottom of the tank. In a tank with adequate water movement at the bottom of the tank, all the poop and detritus should collect in one corner where the current is weakest. If stuff collects all over the substrate, then you don't have enough water movement. Movement of water is what pulls oxygen to the lower level, and this is very important for catfish, especially species that come from high oxygen environments (e.g. Hypancistrus zebra and Otocinclus spp.). Fiddling about with water movement at the top of the tank without considering what's going on lower down the water column can be a dangerous oversight.

Cheers, Neale

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back