Some Of The Stuff Im Growing

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

GAB99

Jack Of All Trades
Reaction score
well, since now i now im not the only guy that gardens id thought id just share soem of the stuff im growing.

but first, how i started.
well tbh i started by literally sticking my parrots food in the ground to see how fresh the food was, well i was surpised i grew a pumpkin out of it, so i started taking other bits and bobs from the kitchen and the food and now...

i have 2 strawberry plants, one from dropping some seeds in a pot and the other as a runner, im taking out the flowers so the root system gets better for bigger strawberries.

i have 6 sunflowers from the parrot's food that are growing

and i HAD some bell peppers and regular peppers but some very clever finch decided to have a sprout snack.

i have a retarded advocado (well, i made it retarded, when the stem started growing i planted it but it didnt do well so i took it out back to the bowl of water but then i snap off half the seed and now its just started to grow the stem, though it does have a big root system.)

i have about 9 onoins left from the onslaught of my stupidity and the finches.

1 orange tree, though we are giving it to a friend because we are not planning to take a tree with us on an rv lol

heres what im wanting to start, yes from groceries lol

tomatoes
lemons
mangos
kiwi
bell peppers
regular peppers
tangerines
and if i can, these wierd thingys from puerto rico (really cool fruit things that look like small horned fruit) bitter melon i just googled lol
horned fruit
pomegranite
this wierd tree my mom wants
guenepas???
lichis
guava (this one ill buy lol)

and when we move we might build 1or 2 vegetable/flower gardens to house the stuff :D

any tips for what im planning?

well im starting the tangerines today and have some tomatoe seeds drying out now, so they should be ready by the time we move. im also starting the lichis and the wierd tree as well, im still trying to confirm my possesion of the Quenepas and the biter melon though

here are the things i have yet to start or have aquired seeds for

lemons
mangos
kiwi
bitter melon
horned fruit
pomegranite
Quenepas
guava

well all the seeds are real squichy and green so expecting some sprouts by the end of the weekend

and the advocado is going going going!

Cool, any photos of your endeavours? Are you growing them indoors or out?

Seffie x

Cool, any photos of your endeavours? Are you growing them indoors or out?

Seffie x

pics tomorrow

and im using the old wrap-in-papertowel-sealed in plastic baggy trick, so, yes, indoors :D

well here are the pics

100_2160.jpg

sunflowers!!
100_2161.jpg

sunflowers!! (again)
100_2162.jpg

strawberry plant
100_2163.jpg

strawberry offspring
100_2164.jpg

onions!!
100_2165.jpg

mo onions!!
100_2166.jpg

orange tree! for the 3 years we had this thing.... only 1 orange :shout:
100_2168.jpg

lichi seed, stinks to high heaven, im a little doubtful itll grow, its been out since at least 6 months
100_2169.jpg

my retarded advocado, look at those roots!!
100_2170.jpg

the wierd tree seed, the brown is the outer shell flaking off, the large one is real squishy so hoping for a sapling soon.
100_2171.jpg

another unknown seed, wonder how itll turn out.
100_2172.jpg

some sort of flower seed endemic to Puerto Rico
100_2173.jpg

tangerine seeds!! going good so far!, hope they both make it.
100_2174.jpg

more wierd tree seeds
100_2175.jpg

mostly unknown pepper seeds with 1 starfruit seed, 2 pumpkin seeds, and 2 more of the round wierd seeds
100_2176.jpg

more flower seeds
100_2178.jpg

self explanatory, theres another bag that says yellow bell pepper that for some reason wasnt uploaded.
100_2179.jpg

lol another wierd seed, noticed it in my birds food thought il try it later if i get an ID, also a pea thingy!! do you think that i can grow something out of it in this state?
100_2180.jpg

dryed tomatoe seeds
100_2181.jpg

more tomatoes

im planing on doing the tomatoes, and peppers in GA, with starting the trees and some other stuff before the move.

how do you think so far?

well after 1 day in the bag the 4 peas are doing very well, they have grown double their size and already have a root!

also doing well is a bean i put in the pea's bag as well, though as i peeled off the skin to help it grow i tore off the thing that turns into the 1st root, ithink itll live but itll take alot longer to start up again.

the tangerines are doing well too, though at a much slower pace.

apart from that the only thing i can say is the the lichi stopped smelling like horse ****!!! :D

lychee rotted to mush :crazy:

peas i have started and on day 3 (today) they have 1.5" long roots!!

apparently taking off the starter root for the bean caused it to rot as well

tangerines have very short roots forming

the tree mymom wants has a really hard shell at first, however when the root broke though i was able to peel the thing apart to accelerate growth, the smaller one looks like day 1 but im gonna try to peel it too, im also adding another one

the flowers have roots

sunflowers 3" taller

advocado doing well

the mystery seed has done nothing lol

pics tomorrow

sorry for lack of both pics and updates, since the fact i have an audience of 0 im not really paying much atention to this thread but ill still update

turns out the pumpkin seeds were in fat kiwano seeds, started on the 14th and now they have grown out of the paper towel, soon to be transplanted

starfruit seeds are only viable for a few days, mine has been in that bag for 6 months, not gonna grow

the flowers have also grown out of the paper towel so leaves are sticking out

the tangerines have both turned a pretty green and have the actual tree starting to grow now, roots still stubby though

the peas... 2 died but i have 3 good ones, 1 is already transplanted to the soil

the advocado im transplanting as well as i want the jar lol

mystery seed still a mystery, i have slightly scraped the sides to see if thatll do anything, fingers crossed

the wierd tree has a little brown on it but is starting to turn green and the roots gettting bigger, though i snapped a bit of it off by accident :X

red pepper seeds are bulgy so soon they'll be transparent and the seedling will push through

onions are fine, i probably wont be able to enjoy em though lol

the strawbeey plants are doing fine, and the strawberry visible in the pic is almost ripe, though i must protect it from the evil finches, and its growing 2 more so hoepfully they go well too

the sunflowers are about 1.5 feet high now, look nice

well from what i have had back then im left with:

tnagerines: seedlings now

sunflowers: blooming

strawberries: that one in the pic the birds got but it made another which was tasty :p, and the plants got big

i lost the mystery seed i dropped it in my room and the carpet is brown so impossible to find lol

the advocado of all things just plain died for no reason

the wierd tree my dog stepped on and died

peas : doing great but two died

peppers: still nothing

kiwanos: died but i have more seeds now and wont plant them all in full sun lol

flowers: did well but they are dying for some reason ill see if i plant them if theyll live

so im 50/50 right now lets see what happens, heres a few pics

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

well i have to say that everything so far had been growing well, and the sunflowers were awseome, but now i gave everything away and movd over to georgia as alot of you guys might know, and i have a pretty big area of weeds and a broken down playplace to plant over, so i doing more sunflowers, watermelons, peas, peppers, fruit trees,tomatoes, loads more strawberrys and anything you guys can think of :D this should be fun. i dont really like the actual flowers but ill do a few.

i measured today and the area is 33.25x26.8 feet so pretty big ill get a doc of where everythings going...

well tomorrow after weights and AP hw im taking down the play area and setting this up. im only using half the area just in case we get a pool in december, nothing fancy and all ive got growing is 2 pumpkins, a watermelon, some assorted peppers, and about a dozen sunflowers

ok each spot is 1 plant, i know it looks a bit odd but the program shrunk and enlarged stuff to make things fit, Sun= sunflower fyi

Attachments

• GArden word.doc
    53 KB · Views: 270
The sunflowers look good!

We had some in the garden, that went just over 7 feet.
How did you grow the strawberries? Is it just seeds?

BTW, Potatoes are a really easy veg to grow. Just pop it into the soil, and a few weeks later, you will see plants grow. Then wait around 2-3 months and you will see some small potatoes underneath the plant! Easy!! :)

yes today might be the day, i did a little work yesterday taking out the tarpy thing on it and i was disassembling a plastic play place that was put inside the bigger wooden one and all of a sudden hornet fly out of it! you shouldof seen my face and i instantly jumped out an ran back inside :lol: i have yet to be stung and it sure aint gonna happen now.

today i come back with the hornet spray :devil: as well as some pictures of whats new

actually the straw berries came from a 5$ 2" plant over three years so it took a while and they are now (as well as the sunflowers and peas) at my tennis coache's house in CA and shesgood with plants so i imagine they are doing fine.

im also starting a mini herb garden for my mom to get her off my back, im using a wendy's frosty cup to germinate the basil, oregano, and cilantro

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back