So Who Has A 5 Gallon & What Do You Keep In It?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Renahastetras said:
Be nice please, pretty please. :thanks::)
Options:
1. Rehome all tetras.
OR
2. Get a 20 gallon tank.

Tetras don't belong in a 5 gallon.

TallTree01 said:
Options:
1. Rehome all tetras.
OR
2. Get a 20 gallon tank.

I agree completely. Even if neons seem small enough to be in a 5g, they (and other tetras) need a length of tank to swim, and 5g does not provide that for them.

This Old Spouse said:
Options:
1. Rehome all tetras.
OR
2. Get a 20 gallon tank.

I agree completely. Even if neons seem small enough to be in a 5g, they (and other tetras) need a length of tank to swim, and 5g does not provide that for them.
Agree 100%.
Tetra's are very active fish and need quite a lot of swimming space otherwise health problem's will start to arise.

Blondielovesfish said:

Options:
1. Rehome all tetras.
OR
2. Get a 20 gallon tank.

Agree 100%.
Tetra's are very active fish and need quite a lot of swimming space otherwise health problem's will start to arise.

I'm sorry I recommended neons, I didn't do my research all that well.  I can now say that I agree with Blondie, TT, and TOS.  Does your LFS take fish back?

Betta and red cherry shrimp in mine, personally I wouldn't recommend keeping any other fish with betta. They can be either very aggressive like all of mine and harass any fish near them or they are bullied by other fish because of their long fins. RCS are great for smaller tanks as they are beautiful and pretty easy to keep

Blondielovesfish said:
Options:
1. Rehome all tetras.
OR
2. Get a 20 gallon tank.
Agree 100%.
I agree with you guys tbh...
Hang on...

Oops.

RossC said:
Betta and red cherry shrimp in mine, personally I wouldn't recommend keeping any other fish with betta. They can be either very aggressive like all of mine and harass any fish near them or they are bullied by other fish because of their long fins. RCS are great for smaller tanks as they are beautiful and pretty easy to keep
Out of curiosity, have you ever tried bettas with cories?  I've heard they mostly do well together, of course depending on the betta.  I was just wondering as I'm currently setting up a betta tank.  I may just settle with nerite snails since I've got a small tank (6.6 gallons).

Bettas are very individual. It all depends on the individual betta. :nod:

NeonBlueLeon said:
Out of curiosity, have you ever tried bettas with cories?  I've heard they mostly do well together, of course depending on the betta.  I was just wondering as I'm currently setting up a betta tank.  I may just settle with nerite snails since I've got a small tank (6.6 gallons).
That's much too small a tank for cory, as you should have at least 6 of the same species for a shoal. Best to stick with the nerites, which are beautiful! Wish I could keep them.

NeonBlueLeon said:
Yeah my 2nd betta was introduced to a tank of 6 corries before and he terrorized them, I had to separate him immediately

RossC said:
Yeah my 2nd betta was introduced to a tank of 6 corries before and he terrorized them, I had to separate him immediately
Poor cories! Haha!

Well my betta lost to a male guppy... Pretty odd and the bette has been rehomed...

Yikes! I wasn't aware guppies could "fight."  I've had two guppies that couldn't defend themselves against a cranky swordtail.

I didnt know too until I had found it nipping my betta's fins...Shocked I was! Some guppies are even feistier than bettas...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back