So I Put A Betta In With My African Cichlids...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

SG-1

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
:lol: Im just kidding, I couldnt resist:) Did I get any one's blood pumping before they opened the topic? :hey:

do you know what is worse? I read once earlier and got the joke. read again just now and STILL got huffy!

:blush:

:lol:

I was wondering why the topic hadn't been closed when I read the title. :lol:

:good:

llj

do you know what is worse? I read once earlier and got the joke. read again just now and STILL got huffy!

:blush:

LoL funny stuff, the sad thing is, if I or you or anyone can think of it, even if it is just a joke, you know somewhere out there some moron has probably actually done it at some point in time.
By the way, just out of curosity, I have more experience with agressive fish as opposed to non agressive, Im starting a new tank(20 Gallon), it will be ready sometime late next week, I want to put a school of neon's in there, do you guys think they would be too nippy for a betta? Guy at my lfs didnt think so, I dont think so either, but I know there is probably someone on here who knows more about neon behavior than I do, so thanx in advance.

Tetras in general can be nippy towards bettas long fins, weird isn't it cos neons seem to be pretty docile... But hey ho thats peoples experience of neons

Tetras in general can be nippy towards bettas long fins, weird isn't it cos neons seem to be pretty docile... But hey ho thats peoples experience of neons

Yeah they do seem to be docile but betta's really arent all that strong of swimmers so if they got nippy he probably couldnt get away, I wonder if zebra dano's would make better tankmates for a betta than neons? I know they are cheaper heheh

Arghhhh, danios seem to like attacking bettas for fun! One betta got out of his divider at work and the danios were like whooosh and swarmed him taking chunks out. Even when I'd put him back in they were practically drooling!!!

Arghhhh, danios seem to like attacking bettas for fun! One betta got out of his divider at work and the danios were like whooosh and swarmed him taking chunks out. Even when I'd put him back in they were practically drooling!!!

Good lord lol, didnt realise they were such mean little devils :lol:

Dey is puuure evil :shout:

Some scientist somewhere needs to genetically engineer a bigger, tougher, more solid strain of betta lol :lol: While the topic is 100% a joke, what I wouldnt give for a betta that COULD survive in a cichlid community:)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back