Snore!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Akasha72

Warning - Mad Cory Woman
Reaction score
I've just glanced in my tank and BN was fast asleep (normally if I'm anywhere near the tank he darts off to hide so I know he was asleep)

I just wanted to share a photo cos he made me laugh - under his wood, unattached and playing dead

002_zpskjkdopog.jpg

I know we've had questions before about BN's layed on their backs unattached and yep ... mine does it all the time!!

He's out now munching on his wafer but I've got the lullaby on stand-by for later :p

My clown plec does this too; I was sure he was dead the first time I saw him do it! I've got used to it, over the years; he's 18 now ::)

Haha! All tucked in under the wood. Rather have a duvet myself!

lol!! I think it's so funny.

He does this a lot but I've learned now to just check he's breathing and then laugh and walk away ... or in this case take a photo and make you guys laugh with me lol

Lol, I have to say I'd be a bit worried at first if I saw mine like that! I've never seen my clown plec do it, no idea whether it's something they do or not.

fluttermoth said:
My clown plec does this too; I was sure he was dead the first time I saw him do it! I've got used to it, over the years; he's 18 now :
smile.png

Fluttermoth says her's does! I think it's probably something all plecs do. They hang on wood upside down, fall asleep and come 'unstuck'. One glance and I can see he's breathing so I leave him to it

Doh! Somehow my brain took in that she has a bristlenose. I'll be keeping an eye out for that now lol. He's dug himself a nice little cave under the mopani, and darts to the front whenever a cory goes bumbling down into the hole. Cories really don't understand territory.

my BN is happy to share his hole under the wood with the cories - especially any baby cories. I think he thinks he's a baby sitter. 

Aww cute. Mine darts to the front of the hole if anyone tries to go in. Then spends some time flicking his tail around to chuck out any sand they pushed in :D I love him.

I have never seen my BN's do that, I think BN's are under rated they are cool fish especially the adults, My 2 are starting to wait for me at feeding time and do not scurry away when I put my hand next to them to give them food, with time I think they will take food from my hand.

Rant.
I hate it when pet shops sell them as algae eaters and tank cleaners. BN's cant survive on just that.
Rant over.

I think they latch on to the wood and then fall asleep and just...er, let go.

I've caught him doing the same thing this morning! I was stood right in front of him sorting their food out - he was fast asleep! He didn't even wake up when I lifted the lid up and normally the slightest sounds has him darting for cover. He finally moved when I closed the lid

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back